• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x570 AORUS Elite: LF compatible 3200/3600 CL14/16 ram @ 16gb (8 x 2gb)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oh, right. I was thinking about another mobo that I am also considering, which is the Asus TUF GAMING X570-Plus and has no bios flashback (or wi-fi).

will do but since I am in no rush I am waiting for deals/sales on the other parts.
but the asus TUF Gaming x570-plus Wi-Fi does...

...why do you need bios flashback? X570 supports zen+/zen 2 natively....

Last edited:
No worries, I have the PC hooked via Ethernet.

As for the bios flashback I thought that it was needed for the Zen 2. (I am unfamilar with the details of this feature, although I have heard of it.)

Thx!

Also, it seems stock is pretty low for many AMD PC parts. -.-

Is it too early to buy or wait it out?

I am afraid if I wait too long, only the "mediocre batches' will remain or not at all.

OTOH, waiting for the sales/deals will allow the "early bugs" to be fixed? idk

Last edited:
Let's see... :)

1. BIOS flash isn't needed for Zen 2 on an X570 board. It supports it natively. Where it would be beneficial is an X470/B450 board which does NOT natively support Zen 2 and needs a flash to support the CPU.
2. The 3900x is MIA, but most other CPUs are easily found.
3. If you are ready, buy.
3a. Outside of some rare CPUs, these are all dud overclockers. Don't worry about it... just use PBO and call it a day.
4. There aren't too many bugs now, really. It isn't stable like most Intel launches, but isn't like Zen 1 either.

Actually X570 does not support the ryzen 1XXX but does support the Ryzen 2XXX chips. Not sure why possibly the bios is to big for the bios chip.

Actually X570 does not support the ryzen 1XXX but does support the Ryzen 2XXX chips. Not sure why possibly the bios is to big for the bios chip.
You should quote what post you are talking to... I edited my post earlier to update. ;)

Should I wait for the new Ryzen 3950x to come out before buying the 3700x?

I going to buy a CPU/mobo combo next week @ Microcenter and I can save $50 off that bundle.

I could wait for AMD's new ryzen CPUs to be released so the 3700x market price may reduce by more than $50 perhaps?

Should I wait for the new Ryzen 3950x to come out before buying the 3700x?

I going to buy a CPU/mobo combo next week @ Microcenter and I can save $50 off that bundle.

I could wait for AMD's new ryzen CPUs to be released so the 3700x market price may reduce by more than $50 perhaps?
No and no. :)

Buy if you are ready. :)

Is there any low profile ram @ 3600 CL14/16?

Otherwise, I may just get a 3200 CL 14/16 and OC to 3600 and call it a day.

I got 32Gb (4*8) low profile Crucial Ballistic Elite 3600 C16 for $300 from the Egg a couple of weeks ago. Runs great at XMP timings.

Back