• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X99-E-10G WS i7-6850k Overclock help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roweder

Hello,

I have an ASUS X99-E-10G WS motherboard and an i7-6850k.

I'd like to get more out of the CPU, but I am not very familiar with overclocking settings, and most times when I try changing something from "auto" to a specific setting, I either get failure to boot or my Cinebench score goes down lol.

Does anyone know of any good settings for this CPU/MB combo?

-Heat has NOT been a problem at all. I have a Noctua DH-15S with 2 fans on it, and my CPU temps stay under 40C under load, either during a long render or a Cinebench test.
-The MB is not defective, I thought it was a little while ago and sent it in to have it tested. ASUS sent it back saying it passed all of their tests, it turned out that I had a defective i7-6850k. That was replaced under warranty by Intel and the new one seems fine.

Thank you

-Derek

Welcome to OCF roweder!
When overclocking on the Intel HEDT and you find the performance getting worse it's quite often a sign that the VCCIN needs to be boosted a bit. That rail controls all of the voltages for the CPU.

Welcome to OCF roweder!
When overclocking on the Intel HEDT and you find the performance getting worse it's quite often a sign that the VCCIN needs to be boosted a bit. That rail controls all of the voltages for the CPU.

hmm, I don't really know what any of that means. I was hoping someone could give me a list of settings I should change or a link to a guide for this specific MB. I don't know where to find VCCIN settings in the bios.

Thanks

Derek

VCCIN is a setting in your BIOS. In may be listed as Input Voltage. I believe stock is 1.9V. If you plan to overclock, it helps to dig around and at least become familiar with the BIOS since that is where the magic all happens. :)

We don't have a guide for a specific motherboard here, sorry. :(

there are several good asus x99 ocing guides on youtube that will help you get started. newegg even has one called newegg diy garage, if i remember correctly. when you run into a road block well be here to help you out ;)

Back