• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 7950GT OC'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those VGA pci fans tend to reduce temperatures by 5-10 degrees. It depends on your average case temperatures and ventilation. Its probably better to get a third party custom cooler and fit it to the card

I got the Evga super KO edition and it clocked at 680/820, pretty much making it equal within a few points to my 7900GTO at 700/800. Maybe paying for those pre overclocked cards does help as it was probably a cherry picked core.

Ive not been able to get my eVGA7950GT past 615/725 before it starts getting to warm. My temps are like 77C load, I can go higher but not for long before I get artifacts from the ram overheating or the core and itll lock up. I think my case isnt ventilated enough, its a mATX.

ew. micro atx. yeah, bad ventilation is the culprit, i would say

Yea, After playing a good long run of FEAR I realized I needed to crank it back farther to 610 on the core and the max temp was 84C. Gotta find a way to pull more air through this thing.

Back