• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another critique my Conroe build thread :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok slight revisions here...check the first post. Sound like a better all around system and more futureproof? The Mushkin is supposedly D9s. Anybody know if they are good chips? I hear some D9s are not too impressive.

EDIT: I read a review on the Mushkins, and they dont seem to be too hot. I may have to spring for the Ballistix.

Last edited:
depending on what memory ratio you run, you might not be getting the most out of those d9's. you might be better off getting g.skill pk's and running them 1:1 (ddr2-800 4-4-4-12)

The only thing D9's might get you is tighter timings and subtimings (with more voltage), you don't need them for FSB overclocking with the E6600.

This is true...Sometimes I go overboard just because its only a few bucks more right? I am dreaming of a golden 6600 that wants to do 3.8-4GHz on water ya know? :D Wouldn't want ram keeping me from that pipe dream now would I? Oh well, screw it. I'm just going to stick with the less expensive PSU and RAM and call it a day.

Oh, BTW, is the P5W worth the couple extra bucks in my case? I want the best performance per clock I can squeeze out of the cpu. TBH I am also wanting 975 just in case r600 is worth buying and crossfiring.... :D

Ok, finally pulled the trigger. Made a couple small changes, but hopefully this stuff will OC pretty well.

Lian Li PC-A16B
E6600
Scythe Infinity (Tuniq was out of stock and I hear its loud at high fan speed where I would likely have it most often...)
P5W DH
2x1GB GSkill 6400@4-4-3-5
eVGA 8800GTX
Corsair 620HX

Of course now that I ordered this stuff, newer, faster, cheaper, better hardware should be released in the next 10 minutes or so just to spite me. No need to thank me :D

Back