• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet Another Reason to Hate eBay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
I won an item (cheaper than expected) and paid for it promptly a few days ago. Seller refunded the money and claimed the auction was canceled due to violation. Since it still showed up in my eBay, I figured the seller was BSing and trying to avoid selling the item cheap.

That looked like reserve fee avoidance, in addition to non performing seller issue, which violated the policies. So I left the neg feedback.

Today I see his feedback got removed, but still shows in My eBay as having already left so I can't re-leave the neg. I contacted eBay about this issue, and they responded rather quickly:

If for whatever reason your seller is unwilling or unable to complete
the sale, we encourage you to leave the appropriate Feedback and
detailed seller ratings (DSRs) for them. As a buyer, you don't have to
worry about retaliatory Feedback from your seller since sellers can only
leave positive Feedback for their buyers or not leave any at all. By
contributing to the seller's detailed seller ratings you help eBay
evaluate the seller's ability to continue listing on the eBay site.
Sellers must have a minimum of 4.3 over the past 30 days in all four
DSRs in order to list: item as described, communication, shipping time,
and shipping and handling charges. It's important for other members to
know about your good and bad experiences with this seller  don't be
afraid to be honest.

Oh really, and how am I supposed to leave the feedback if it was removed? It sounds to me that eBay is favoring the seller this time. I don't think whoever answered that email ever bothered to check the auction in question and verify the feedback had been left. :mad:

WTB: an autoreply bot that isn't so retarded. Or a contact info that gets a live person not some dumb bot that sends caned reply that is missing my issue.

Ya, I hate to do this but - Me Too!

I had an e-book hit the pirate curcit about two years ago. I have since updated it and it is version 2 and will soon be version 3. I have renamed my e-book but the old orginal version is still out there. The latest gig on ebay is to use my orginal sales page text for their pitch and sell the book for about a buck.

I have sent 8 or so cease and desists to eBay, they take about 2 - 4 weeks to comply even though I am in their 'VeRO' program. While they didle around my book is sold for a buck and my sales drop accordingly.

So I can understand where you are coming from, the thieves thrive where darkness lurks...

MHO...

Back