• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Guide to Setting Up a HLDS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sp4nK said:
i was serching on google and found a forum and som1 posted that you need a static ip to eneable it
my ip is 10.0.0.138

Static IP for LAN, yes.

ps2cho said:
Ok so it is both a router and modem.

Try this: Enable a DMZ on the computer what you want to host with (to find your COMPUTERS LAN IP, NOT WAN, go to start -> run -> type cmd -> type ipconfig and look for IP address) Take that IP and go into the router then enable DMZ on that computer.

If the HLDS still does not work that means a) Your ports are getting forwarded to a 6xxxx range and you need to find out which one it is or b) your ISP has blocked that port.

So first load up the server and then refresh the steam games list and see if yours comes up.

how do i enable dmz with my modem

Sp4nK said:
how do i enable dmz with my modem

It may not have the option, but some routers do and it will have a setting or category somewhere in the router that is called DMZ so take a look around.

nope cant fint it
me thinking of justr buying a new router
cause i go to my friends house and there ip in cmd>ipconfig is like 149.138.142.412 then me chek mine its 10.0.0.1

Sp4nK said:
nope cant fint it
me thinking of justr buying a new router
cause i go to my friends house and there ip in cmd>ipconfig is like 149.138.142.412 then me chek mine its 10.0.0.1

Please use the website www.whatismyip.com to get your external IP. Your IP is NOT 10.0.0.1

Sp4nK said:
it rekons thats my ip 124.183.165.195

Ok there we go :) That is your WAN IP. You give THAT IP to your friends to connect. Try that now.

Sp4nK said:
ye me tried that b4 still they cant connect
it says server can not connect

Ok try this now:

Load up the HLDS and go to steam and refresh the games list(ensure you dont have any filters on). Let it completely find all servers and sort by lowest ping. Your server should be at the top. If it is not, then there is a port issue for sure. If it DOES show up, your 27015 port is probably being re-mapped to a 6xxxx port.

ohk thx for all your help ps2cho
i finally got it
me so happy :p
only 1 more question should do it
what do me set sv_region to for australia only?

Sp4nK said:
ohk thx for all your help ps2cho
i finally got it
me so happy :p
only 1 more question should do it
what do me set sv_region to for australia only?

sv_region 5 <--- You want that for Australia.

Glad it works :) We finally got it.

Sp4nK said:
once again thx for all you help guys
me supprised u stuck with me lol
cheers

Well I don't run HLDS anymore so I'm just going off knowledge I picked up. A lot of what I told you is networking knowledge really. If you have anymore questions about mods or cfg's feel free to post. I check OCForums several times daily so you can expect a fast response.
Yeh just looking back I made the guide back in early 2005, so 2 + 1/2 years ago :eek:

ps2cho said:
Well I don't run HLDS anymore so I'm just going off knowledge I picked up. A lot of what I told you is networking knowledge really. If you have anymore questions about mods or cfg's feel free to post. I check OCForums several times daily so you can expect a fast response.
Yeh just looking back I made the guide back in early 2005, so 2 + 1/2 years ago :eek:

lol i feel you on this... i have been runnin a cs server for a while now and the other day i made my weekly appearance to play in it make sure everything was going good and someone asked... how long has this server been up... so i started to wonder, well i check how long i have had the domain for the servers website registered (as i started the site just after the server) and i had started it back on 4/19/2004... jezus over 3 years... i feel OLD!

hey
my server has been running great but today me tried to open it again
but it came up with

could allocate dedicated server port ip 27015?

can any1 help
ty :D

Back