• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Oldest living OCed CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man 115/116MB/s god, that sounds soo slow comparded to today hehe. I'm shivering just even thinking about something that slow hehe.

actually with edos I get 124mbs :D, odd, but the edos wont run 75mhz fsb without errors :( :D

D

AMD K6-2 450mhz @ 550mhz, uhh, about 6 years old and still runnning today (at my friends house, he bought it for his younger bro) on stock cooling. This was the first cpu i ever overclocked and it wouldn't go higher because the mobo used dip switches and i had it set to it's max settings. Needless to say it gave a me a huge boost in performance! I was surprised, i used to game a lot on it and play nintendo 64 emulators... i used to get like ~35fps which was just playable, but after overclocking i was always hitting 60fps, of course there were times it would dip down a bit if it had a lot to render.. i had a voodoo 4 4500 in it too, 3dfx... <3

maelstromracing said:
Socket 5 P75 running at 100mhz. :)

I had a P-75 given to me. There was no multiplier setting (only 1.5X), but had frequency jumper of either 50 (default) or a blazing fast 60 FSB. So, I run it at 90 MHz. Gave it to a lady at work for her young child. They used it for a couple more years.

Back