• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED your rig/setup pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice tv can i come over and play mgs4 :p

img5224cp0.jpg

img5226fc5.jpg

Ordering a few goodies real soon, pair of my black lights burned out. Could use a cleaning as well, but the mesh on the case is doing it's job against this dusty room ;)

And don't ask why my RAM is that way. :( Computer isn't stable on dual channel anymore, not even stable at 1T. Not sure if the RAM or mobo is messed up but this is the only way it works.

img1381rws2.jpg

img1386rwb5.jpg

OGM I love Bawls

What's with the insulation on the tubing to the CPU block? You running a water chiller?

It's not really a water-chiller, but I use Coleman blue-ice to chill the coolant down a little during benchmarking or o/cing. I use Insuflex for the 1/2" and Armaflex for the 3/8" tubing :)

MK2008_206.jpg

If I run the cpu on stock (ie. 2.33Ghz), then there will be minor condensation on the tubing from the cpu to gpu. Very very minor, my cam can't seem to capture the condensation, but you can feel it when you touch the tubing.

DSC03156.jpg

But I am running the cpu at 3.6Ghz, and I have not observed any condensation for the un-insulated tubings.

Plus each freshly-taken-out-of-the-freezer blue-ice barely last an hour, and the best it can do is to reduce the reservoir temps down to 23- 25 degs Celsius before temps start climbing again.

DSC03157.jpg

So the coldest point in the whole loop will be the intake tubing from the reservoir to the pump and from the pump to the cpu, so I insulated that out of precaution.

DSCF4932.jpg

DSCF4941.jpg

DSCF4997.jpg

DSCF4998.jpg

Sadly I've had many things die in this machine, first it was a 650w PSU from powmax

second it was the video card and was causing post problems and weird boot issues(9600GT XFX)

lastly and the worst was the HD a WD 500GB and I did have much of it backed up os it wasnt much of an issue but just the fact that I've installed windows over 3 times in this system

Ya i figured that after the fact, honestly I got it because it was high Wattage, was gold casing and had a blue 120mm fan, at one point I actually smelled something burning, which i immeditaly turned off the system fearing something was running too hot, then a few days later it died

Back