• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Z170X Gaming 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My neighborhood has a 24 hour taco stand I refer to as El Gato Tacos, but I make no inferences or denials. I am the Switzerland of dry cats and cheap tacos. If they had Ultra Tacos it would be a different story, but it's a low rent taco stand.

Actually quite good. It will probably be a moot point after the first of the new year, though. I think I'm going to finally bite the bullet and get some new Schiit.

Cool! Meanwhile I'm cooking some catburgers, naturally flavored. Grab your rgb toes and head over! I got pepsi!:D

Back OT (kinda) Handbrake is maxing out at 90C on Core #1. Since that's the heaviest load I'll ever put on the rig, I'll ask for input on OC. Should I bump voltage (still within the chip's specs) and see if I can get 4.8 GHz? Yes, I know, "Will 100 MHz really matter?". Well, yeah! 4.8>4.7!

edit: temp update

If you have the need for speed, sure as diddly dial in those extra 100mhz!
Will you feel it? Of course you will! That sense of accomplishment will give you pleasure browsing on the internet, knowing you're getting overclockers.com displayed 0.00001 seconds faster!:cheers:

Even better! Sir, I would shoot for 5ghz club then!:clap: I was told under 1.6v is okay on water cooling:thup:you got plenty of headroom!

1.6V is not remotely ok for ambient cooling and 24/7 operation.

1.6 vcore??? Who said anything about 1.6 vcore??? I'm talking 1.520v (which will measure short of that. I think you hit the wrong thread, there buddy. 1.6 would let ALL the magic smoke out! LOL

Back