• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Z170X Gaming 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That was my inclination. I have no idea what they "repaired", but they need to give it another try. Thanks, guys. I'll email them and see about another RMA. It would be nice if they sent me a prepaid shipping label this time, but I don't see that happening.

update: Sent an email to whoever notified me it was fixed previously asking if that was the way to return it or do I have to go through the regular RMA process again. Thrills. My rig is staring at me like I killed it. LOL

update update: And the email was kicked back, so off to the RMA process again.

Last edited:
Worth its own post: I have already received a new RMA number from Gigabyte, along with a link for a return shipping label via UPS. Whatever may have gone wrong with the board physically, I'm giving them an "A+" for customer service effort. Their response time has been measured in single digit hours each time. I am still impressed by Gigabyte as a company. :thup:

Yeah, I'll take a bus to UPS tomorrow and get it shipped. I don't hesitate to call out companies for a lot of stuff, but these guys are really trying. Good for them. I have two Giga boards now, and if they can get this straightened out they won't be my last.

I'm disappointed, Alaric. I would have thought you would have jumped on the crotch rocket depicted in your avatar.

I haven't ridden in several years. If I stand up longer than 20 minutes my back goes out for a week. The last time it went out was because I sneezed with my head turned while sitting on the couch, and that put me in bed for a week. Apparently the human body has a limit as to how many times you can break stuff before it stays broken. LOL

I always say I wish I could have the wisdom I have now and the body I had at 20. I haven't met anyone yet that has pulled that off, however.

That's because wisdom is purchased with time. I think it was Dean Martin who said good judgment comes from experience, and experience, well, that comes from bad judgment. LOL

good to hear they are taking good care of you. ive had really good experiences with them. if you havent already sent it off, be sure to make it clear to the CS rep that you want the board replaced not repaired. i had a gpu "repaired" twice until i made it very clear i didnt want the same gpu back. a week later the problem was solved. GL!

I'm filling out forms and repacking it now. Have to hurry due to Friday traffic and the road I'm taking being torn up for "construction" (which seems to consist of playing musical chairs with barricades and cones). Thx!

Back