• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Z170X Gaming 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I'd pull it and put the stock back in and see if it makes a difference. I have seen stranger things happen.

I'll be swapping them first, before I tear it down, and give it a try. I have to get my emergency back up rig up to speed before I do that, though. Have to pull the 1045T out and drop in the 8370. Or the 1100T. Haven't decided yet. :D

With shipping and turn around time, a month wouldn't surprise me. And if I'm going to be paying the ridiculous price I pay for internet, I'm gonna use internet! LOL

Well I guess a month will be somewhat difficult for most folks. Local library might have some great books!

My books are on Kindle, delivered via internet. LOL Not looking forward to hours of updates when the mobo gets back, either.

Fx-8370 has my vote. If you haven't been on one as a daily system yet, try it out. They are better then most make them out to be.

That's the direction I'm leaning. Just wondering about cooling. My daughter got my good air cooler when her AIO died, and the back up has an Asus air cooler that's designed more for quiet than cool. To use my AIO I'll have to dig out the AMD brackets and put everything in my Phanteks case. The $28 Amazon special case isn't going mount a 360 rad anywhere but laying next to the case. Then I run in to space considerations. It will sit between a 4' Paradigm speaker and the audio/TV stand I christened "Woodzilla". :D

Ok Air will work, depending on the chip likely 4.4 to 4.6 ish. I'd bet the Fx 8370 will run on a bit less voltage then my 8350 which is a very early edition. I did 4.4 with a Hyper 212. There are ways to get the 360 Rad to mount outside the case if you want to start cutting the case up. I just used long screws to mount my 360 rad outside and I had a old fan housing as a shroud between the case and the rad.

I don't want to cut up my bedroom rig's case. LOL. And the air cooler is pretty weak. I'll see what I can squeeze out of it, though. I may just pop it in the Phanteks and use the AIO.

Your genes have mutated. One can no longer contain himself against the gates of B-I-O-S.

Dear Sir, I was going by what you wrote here, hence the stock reply.
Fair enough....I was not at any point thinking, while writing that statement....Running it stock! Alaric knows exactly why I suggested running the Fx and to clarify it's to Oc it and beat the crap out of it. I am shocked mine still runs with what it's been through, ie...it's seen near 2.0 v on more then one occasion and has been frozen more times then I can count. Yet it still chuggs along every day since new in 2012.

But it wasn't a full cpu:( only 2 cores. Wow 1.86 vcore:cheers:

4jyi52.png

Back