• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS 20LQ how to connect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ivy

Thinking about upgrading CPU cooler to Zalman CNPS 20LQ, because of its compact size. I could probably fit its main element at the top of the SFF chassis. So i have like 5 cooler running, 2 on the GPU, 1 at the CPU, 1 for main system and 1 at the PSU. Should work in term its not more than 120x120 mm and about 2 inches thick.

However, how to i connect that cooler? Whats the possibility for power supply? And is there any risk of water leak, how secure is that micro water cooling stuff?

I plan to use it on a SFF system Shuttle SZ77R5, almost impossible but still possible in term someone skilled. Should it work i would meet a astounding cooler/cm2 ratio. But it certainly will be challenging and i have to figure out how to connect the stuff.

Another possibility could be to completly remove system cooler, but i think results would be better when there is one. However, a cooler at the top is always most effective because most of the heat is at the top. The construction wouldnt be bad at all, its perfectly shaped for.

In term it works somehow, then all i have to do is to mod the case (so that the coolers got the correct airflow) and it would truly have a astounding cooling/cm2 and performance/cm2 ratio.

I would go Corsair H80. Not sure about the quality of that Zalman.

And by "cooler" do you mean "fan"?

How do you connect it? Essentially, the radiator goes where a 120MM fan does and the pump/block unit goes where the CPU HS/F goes... on top of the CPU. There are many reviews on the web that will show you how to connect it (ONE).

Back