• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zeroing in on setup;5 weeksof reading done!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 'squirt' noise will disappear although it may take a few days. Mine does that after refilling since I replaced my Phobya pump with the MCP655. It seems to disappear faster with the pump on the 5 setting.

Yeah that noise will go away after a little while, it's just tiny bubbles in the loop that need to bleed themselves out. Keep an eye on your water level for the next week or so in case a big bubble works itself out and add fluid if you need to. Now it's time for the fun part, OC that puppy and you'll really see the benefits of water.

Noise is finally gone. The 955BE is not the greatest overclocker in the world, but I am creeping towards 4ghz right now. I'm still shocked with the GPU load temps on my 5870's. Water-cooling dropped them 40c, which is pretty incredible.

I'm glad you lead me over here C. I think I would have ended up with a MUCH different end result if I would have stayed at Tom's! :bday:

Even, very happy you came here. A much more informed community, and I knew you were way above the Toms folks.

Noise is finally gone. The 955BE is not the greatest overclocker in the world, but I am creeping towards 4ghz right now. I'm still shocked with the GPU load temps on my 5870's. Water-cooling dropped them 40c, which is pretty incredible.

Turn the GPU fans down even more. No reason the GPU temps should be that low, don't help anything and maybe you can get less noise. Under 60C is like a vacation for the GPUs.

Yeah, the people over at Tom's... :rolleyes:

Aktariel said:
Why don't you like/approve of watercooling?

builderbobftw said:
1. Very Expesnive. Funds are best spent in other places.

2. Small temp benefits over air. Do not warrant cost.

3. Restricts and messes up case air flow.

4. Hard to install, can spring leak.

5. Matience fees, weekly cleanings, ewww.

You would be disapointed whne you re-intstall your DH014 and bach it against your water cooling.

Seems like they aren't very friendly to watercoolers...

It's on the schedule! I don't have a fan controller, so right now I just have the radiator fans daisy chained to the motherboard. I have Amd cool and quiet regulating them but they could go much lower and still provide great results. I think I am going to get the sentry 2 or the Kazemaster 02, and will probably order that today.

Turn the GPU fans down even more. No reason the GPU temps should be that low, don't help anything and maybe you can get less noise. Under 60C is like a vacation for the GPUs.

the NZXT Sentry 22 looks and plays awesome .... you'll be impressed... Mmmm Touch screen :)

I'm still not sure how many fans we can put on each channel .. will put more details up soon in my build ... Still no sign of my Motherboard and have to RMA the GPU waterblocks (wrong ones)

I'm so close behind you to finish .. can't wait to have as good looking as this mate ... good Going

the NZXT Sentry 22 looks and plays awesome .... you'll be impressed... Mmmm Touch screen :)

I'm still not sure how many fans we can put on each channel .. will put more details up soon in my build ... Still no sign of my Motherboard and have to RMA the GPU waterblocks (wrong ones)

I'm so close behind you to finish .. can't wait to have as good looking as this mate ... good Going

Thanks OC! I ended up going with the Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme. I had heard that the Sentry 2 may use PWM for controlling the fans which induces a whining noise when you power them down.

The Sunbeam allows 35w max on each of it's 6 channels, so I could actually hook all 7 of my rad fans to one channel! (I won't)

I hope you get the rest of your stuff soon!

weekly cleanings? do they think it's a fishtank? lol!

VERY nice build. I bet you want to keep tinkering with it. that's the main problem. Has your gf killed you yet? My wife used to get upset but then I just told her it was my hobby and cheaper then some of the others I have had:)

On a more serious note:
CATS
I have 2 as well. I would highly recommend some kind of filter over the intake side of the fans/rad. They will get clogged with cat hair fast. very fast. The prefilters for a HEPA unit work well and don't restrict airflow too much. Plus, since you were getting such good temps it shouldn't be that big an issue. Having to clean cat hair out of the radiator fins, even with compressed air, can be a huge pain int he arse.

Thanks Hsnopi! I keep looking for things to buy and add to the setup! hah I'm kinda sad that it's all finished and running well.

Installed the new Sunbeam Rheobus fan controller and it works great. It's a little bright as you can see from the pics but no big deal. Have the 4 high speed yates hooked to channel 1, and the 3 mediums hooked to channel 2. Each channel can handle up to 35 watts!

Started doing some nice overclocking on the 5870's. Up to 1050 on the cores from the stock 900, and up to 1325 on the memory from the stock 1200. Maxing out temps in furmark burn in the low 50's. I <3 water-cooling!

IMG_0137.jpg

heaven.jpg

evensen007, I just wanted to say nice work bro!
All that reading and research you mentioned payed off. :beer:

Thread from the dead, yes. I just did my first cleaning and took everything apart. Easy-peasy. I really could have waited a while since there was next to no residue or particles in the loops. All is still running cool and quiet! Thanks again to you guys for all your help, especially C.

Chris

evensen007, I can't offer any useful advice on your planned build, but I was wondering how you added in the graphics on top of your photo. What tools did you use?

Thanks.

X,

No advice needed, the build was finished a looong time ago. Was just updating about my yearly cleaning! :sn:

IMG_0137.jpg

As for the question about the graphics: I used a simple free program called "paint.net". It's an open source photo-shop lite type of program.

http://www.getpaint.net/

Chris

super nice rig, i myself am starting my own Raven build, however i was hesitant about internal RAD mounting until i saw your build, i was thinking of doing the same thing you did with removing 2 of the 180s on bottom and putting a 3x120 RAD in their place, looks like it worked out extremely well, congratz on a successful project and wish me luck on mine :)

Back