• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

zotac mini gtx 1060 6gb cheap but without warranty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scizers

hi guys,so i built my pc a while ago on a tight budget specs:i3-2100,hd radeon 6xxx series ,a 8gb set of kingston normal rams, GIGABYTE H61M, a samsung 19' 1366*768 , and a very cheap low quality power supply. and wanted to upgrade the pc starting from the gpu first since its the most expensive item and i can handle its expenses right now, ill probably upgrade the processor and buy a 1080p used monitor later on when i can afford, so ive made my mind on the GTX 1060 i have 2 options right now:
1-buy a new gtx 1060 3gb (gigabyte-galax-asus) for around 240-260$
2-buy a completely new but exported zotac mini gtx 1060 6gb for 230$ but without warranty(he told me he'll give me a one month trial warranty related to the shop but its still questionable).

saying that i still need a power supply since my current one is breaking down and doesnt even have 6or8 pin connectors, and here comes the same guy offering the gpu+a new seasonic 520w for 280$ (knowing that the 1060 8gb in my country egypt is 320$)

also is do you think the zotac mini gtx 1060 6gb is a good choice (its the cheapest as you can see)

its a pretty good deal but i am a bit afraid since i know that gpus cant be repaired only switched by a new one.
anyway this is my first post in any forum actually i figured you guys in here have the most experience :) , sorry for the long post , and thanks in advance.

$280 for a 520W Seasonic Power Supply? My, things are expensive in your country!

Do you not have access to online vendors? When you buy things from shops there is generally a price markup. Just because the Zotac is "exported" (I think you meant to say "imported.") why should that affect the warranty?

I would say that the gpu without warranty is way too close to retail to contemplate spending that on it. just get a new one from a retail store

$280 for a 520W Seasonic Power Supply? My, things are expensive in your country!

Do you not have access to online vendors? When you buy things from shops there is generally a price markup. Just because the Zotac is "exported" (I think you meant to say "imported.") why should that affect the warranty?

yeah i meant imported , my bad. it'll effect its warranty since the suppliers here only accepts to return or fix their own products . also i meant both the gtx 1060mini 6gb and the seasonic 520w for 280$ , :)

- - - Updated - - -

I would say that the gpu without warranty is way too close to retail to contemplate spending that on it. just get a new one from a retail store

there is really a big difference in price (the imported one is for 230$ and the new ones from the retail are for 300$.

But wouldn't Zotak warranty the card themselves? If something went wrong with the video card you would just RMA it to Zotak. If I have an Asus motherboard, for example, that develops a problem I arrange for an RMA with Asus. That's just normal practice.

$280 bucks for both the GPU and the PSU seems pretty reasonable. Which model Seasonic 520W is it? They make more than one 520W PSU.

But wouldn't Zotak warranty the card themselves? If something went wrong with the video card you would just RMA it to Zotak. If I have an Asus motherboard, for example, that develops a problem I arrange for an RMA with Asus. That's just normal practice.

$280 bucks for both the GPU and the PSU seems pretty reasonable. Which model Seasonic 520W is it? They make more than one 520W PSU.
hmm, will actually email zotac about this , and the psu is seasonic S12II-520 , both the gpu and the psu are completely new.

I think it's worth the risk. I would feel confident that Zotak would provide warranty service for the card if it's new. Just keep receipts.

Back