• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: "Unspecified error"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Replacement

I have an issue when I am trying to send a document from word in an email. I used to be able to go to file and send document as an email attachment, but since I had some issues with office 2003 it won't let me.
2 months ago I accidentally deleted a backup file on my external HD. To get things back to normal (or so I thought) I uninstalled office and reinstalled it. This is when I noticed the problem.

This is the error message I get
"Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: "Unspecified error"

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change?
I am at a loss here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

I found a fix to Word not working. I have to run the program as an admin.
I am having issues with another program that is not such an easy fix, I tried running as admin and it still doesn't work.

One other thing that I have noticed since reinstalling is that Outlook ask for permission to open after I click on the icon on my desktop, before it opened right up and didn't ask for permission.

I've never used Word to send email. Always had issues with it.
Just open Outlook or your email program, attach the file, and let life go on :)

If you really want to make Word send email, look through the MS Knowledge base. This sounds like the kind of thing that would be in there.

Can't help you with the admin issue.

I've never used Word to send email. Always had issues with it.
Just open Outlook or your email program, attach the file, and let life go on :)

If you really want to make Word send email, look through the MS Knowledge base. This sounds like the kind of thing that would be in there.
The only time I use it is when I scan a document and just want to send it by email quickly. Other wise I would never do it.

The other software program is a Loan originating software, there are times when I need to send the file to another computer to be worked on. This is what I would really like to get figured out.

I don't use word, but in Libre office you must specify the email settings such as server etc in options.

Back