• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Monster Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
also pretty soon im going to have to start ordering fittings, i really want quick disconnects just to make my life easier... so thinking something like this: (thats just to get stared) and i still have to review and compare all the quick disconnects available out there.

Look at the Swiftech QDCs.
The ends can be swapped to compression or male G1/4 fittings, so you can directly mount the QDC to a radiator/block.

Look at the Swiftech QDCs.
The ends can be swapped to compression or male G1/4 fittings, so you can directly mount the QDC to a radiator/block.

lot more money :( $33 main piece + $6 1/2 +$4 G1/4 = $43 * 16 = ~$700

- - - Updated - - -

Why do many quick disconnects? Are you building the loop to be able to take it apart piece by piece?

im thinking that if i dont, ill suicide my self on my 1st leak

Last edited:
wonder if using to many quick disconnects will kill my flow

also i wouldnt need 16, ill probably use ~8 in total, so i can remove the radiators with the tubing, dont need it on both sides

Last edited:
Yes, if you do not have enough pump head.

There's been testing done on pressure drop of QDC's.

Yes, if you do not have enough pump head.

There's been testing done on pressure drop of QDC's.

i should get the pumps within the next 2 weeks, once i get them ill connect everything with out blocks and see how much flow im getting for now, i just ordered a set (female/male) of the koolance just to see how they look and fit :)

One block is (most likely) more restriction than all your radiators combined, FYI.

Way too many quick disconnects, they should be strategically placed not on every piece of tech.

For example, a set to be able to drain and remove the graphics cards. Then depending on the loop set up, a set for motherboard/cpu.

The rads/pump can stay where it is or maybe split in 2 with QDC.

Way too many quick disconnects, they should be strategically placed not on every piece of tech.

For example, a set to be able to drain and remove the graphics cards. Then depending on the loop set up, a set for motherboard/cpu.

The rads/pump can stay where it is or maybe split in 2 with QDC.

is not just alot it is also dumb, maybe ill just use 2 to separate the top of my case from the bottom, and one to remove water blocks(GPU,CPU), i know for sure i would like to take the mobo tray out without having to empty the system so for sure i need 2 QD.

Last edited:
The system looks like this (in my mind), red circles are imo the required QD

DRZmLHk.png

as far as the other ones, not sure if its even worth it to restrict my flow

Last edited:
l
im thinking that if i dont, ill suicide my self on my 1st leak

Honestly, i have never had one single leak, that wasnt due to personal mistakes, and on that count, i am at one. But the leak came during a cpu replacement ony my benching station. My prodigy was a b**** to install water in, but its there wil SLi 670 and all, but still no leaks. Just be aware of what your doing. I think you would be fine with just connectors around you hardware, if you want to replace hardware a lot.

I dont have 1 sinlge quick disconnect in any of my 3 watercooled rigs, and im fine without it.

You are going to need a forklift to move that thing. This build is just sick. Can't wait to see it done.

Back