• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season V October: PCMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
got an fx 9590 for my wall hanging, storage box

it looks like I have a little work to do...........

pc mark.PNG

got an fx 9590 for my wall hanging, storage box

it looks like I have a little work to do...........

HT link frequency can come up to the stock 2600. NB frequency can come up to at least 2400. PCM05 only takes advantage of 4 cores, so you can turn 4 off and save to heat and OC higher. OC the vid card also.

I am just now working on the cpu/nb, it wants to be a PITA, at 2400 cpu/nb it fails to pick up the keyboard and mouse but, I can now kill 4 cores and trade that heat for cpu/nb voltage?
the gpu is a watercooled titan oc'd to 1050.

Not stable enough or too hot. Your last multi thread test, all scores are way low.

MetalRacer / 5960x /Water / 42322

capture1404.jpg

Not Sure a lot of the tests failed. Do you have media encoder installed? probably need any antivirus disabled. Next time can you post the details from the results in the bench mark a SS would be easier than PCMark site. There/s also a free key for this posted in the OP

i just forgot to reboot after i install the encoder lol

XRogerX / 6700k / AIO / 22667

PCM05.PNG

There ya go, love the simple fixes ha ha

caddi, if you are gong to submit to hwbot- you will have to have the xp startup scores shown on the screenshot or they will spit it back. also that has to be under 220mb/s

I know but I still need a valid SS, you're missing the details and .txt file

and no reason to not submit to hwbot. you will get that .1 boints and they can add up. they do for the team as well

SwartHack Enters The Overclocktagon

SwartHack/i7-4790k/Water/26569

image_id_1722581.jpeg

http://hwbot.org/submission/3353322_swarthack_pcmark_2005_core_i7_4790k_26569_marks

Can you sub with different hardware? And its just best score regardless?

i was going to do it but the benchmark is so old it's asking me to install a bunch of stuff that didn't come with it and i just don't feel like tracking it down...

Hardy bwah har har, I feel yah!!!

All you should need is WindowsMediaEncoder9. The link I posted doesn't seem to be the right version it's 64bit maybe you need the 32. I know the version I have is 9.xxMB and the one I posted is 12.xxMB so I'll look and see if I can find the right one. I'd post mine but the site has a 5MB limit for attachment zips

The crusty old-timers sometimes make it seem so trivial. Like the 220 MB/s XP start-up max?
My first thought was, "WTF is that?", but I have never run this bench before, that I recall.

Mr.Scott said:
To throttle it, transfer a file or two in the backround when the test starts.
Yes Sir, fine advice but how exactly???
I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure this out without crapping out the test.
Timing seemed to be crucial, and how you do it as well.
I resorted to a .bat file I run from the task manager:

Code:
pause
delete c:\temp
xcopy C:\Users\admin\Documents\apps c:\temp /E /C /Y /V /I

I put the command window right by the PCMARK window, so I can start the test, then click enter in the command window.
Too soon and it doesn't have an effect or test 1 aborts.
It never works if I start the copy first then start the test, always aborts!!!
Too late and it aborts as well.
So I start test and wait that magical moment, then start the copy and cross my fingers.

Also how much you are copying makes a difference, which I haven't dialed in yet. At first I was getting ~350 MB/s!!!
I tried using a zip process at first, but got an 85 MB/s.

QuickFast said:
you are the only one I think that likes me...
SwartHack likes you QF!!!:D :cool:

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I added you SS here we like to see them Swart
As for the copy I set up a large junk file and copy it to another partition, mid way I start the test. Yes timing is critical. Took me at least 15 minutes to get the time close and still it's not an exact science.

jiccman1965/FX-8350/LN2/22212

22212.png

Did have an issue maybe someone can help me with, as I started to crank the CPU up and crank the voltage the video card would only do 2D, tried different cards same issue.

Johan45/ FX-8370/ H20/ 28364

pc05 28364.JPG

Last edited:
Back