• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Post your AMD Ryzen Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
I felt it was time to get a pool going here. You can post any overclocks you like from the Ryzen or newer AMD lines but what I'm looking for is 24/7 stable overclocks. There will be a requirement of some sort of stability testing to back up your post. What I would like to see is a minimum of one hour testing with Prime95, Realbench, IBT AVX, I'll even accept AIDA64 although I think it's kind of weak. One caveat since there's so many issues around ram I would suggest a minimum of 75% ram usage during the test. I'll include a link to the newer P95 29.1 since they're working on Ryzen support at the moment and I'll attach IBT AVX to this post since it's not the standard version and not always easy to find.
Prime 95 29.1 http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=22141 select blend, then custom and allocate 12000 MB of ram
IBT AVX View attachment IBT AVX.zip Run on very high but max is preferred
It would also be useful to include some monitoring SW in the shot. At present HWinfo64 seems to be the most accurate and up to date.
Last but not least at the top of the post I'd like a certain format describing the CPU /clocks etc. this makes it easy for me to organize via copy and paste and then I'll link it to your post.

Forum Name/CPU/Speed/Cooling/Testing method

Ryzen 9

Ryzen 7

Johan45/Ryzen 7 1700x/3.9 GHz/Air NH D15/ IBT AVX MAX 20 loops
bassnut / RYZEN 7 1700X / 3800 / Custom Loop / Prime95 80% Ram
bassnut / RYZEN7 1700X / 4000 / Custom Loop / Prime 95
Ryzen 5

Scu48St3v3420/Ryzen 5 2600X/4.15 GHz/AIO ML240R/Real Bench 8 GB RAM 1 Hr
Rebe1/Ryzen 5 2600/42.25x100/BQ Dark Rock 3 Pro (2x120mm)/Prime95 1h
Johan45/Ryzen 5 1600x/4.0 GHz/Custom H2O/ P95, 3 hrs+
Johan45/Ryzen 5 1600x/3.94 GHz/CM V8/ IBT AVX 75% ram

Ryzen 3

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start this off with a couple of examples Both of these are 3200 CL14 ram, samsung sticks

Johan45/Ryzen 7 1700x/3.9 GHz/Air NH D15/ IBT AVX MAX 20 loops

IBTAVX.JPG

Johan45/Ryzen 5 1600x/4.0 GHz/Custom H2O/ P95, 3 hrs+

1600x 4.0 3200 p95 3 hr.JPG

Last edited:
Will add something later still have some shopping to do ..... motherboard and ram to find but this will be interesting to see.

Still looking for that mini board bassnut

No gave up on that ...... somewhere way back in read the giga was mATX.... found out that was a big misprint. Gonna sell the caselabs case and just switch out the following board for my Ryzen build. I have a sheet steal bender I think at some point I am going to do a scratch case, I have some ideas :) ...... I just need the time.

Right now I'm leaning Asus.... but like the Giga X370 K5 looks as well as MSI Krait gaming. But the way things went in past with boards especially giga and MSI has me hesitant.

If it's any consolation I just reviewed the MSI SLI X370 and it'll do what needs to be done the VRM felt good not overheating running 4.0 and this was their bargain board.

Yes I seen the review this am.... nice write up that's why I the krait is in my list. It's a shame so many sellers are still marketing up the motherboard so much trying to cash in on the Ryzen release.

Yes I seen the review this am.... nice write up that's why I the krait is in my list. It's a shame so many sellers are still marketing up the motherboard so much trying to cash in on the Ryzen release.

It's funny even the flagship CHVI doesn't have the same attention as it's intel counterparts. Just a lot more "vanilla" for lack of a better description.

with some luck in 1-2 days I will finally install water cooling on my 1700X+Biostar ITX, so far cpu is stable @3.8GHz 1.275V on noctua L9x65 but it's getting hot in ITX case without additional airflow

OK now for the info. I picked up a set of cheap ram, Team Delta 3000 Cl 16-18 just to see how bad it could be. Well it took a bit of work but I finally managed to stabilize them at 3200. Weird thing is Thaiphoon burner lists them as Hynix AFR but AFIL AFR was only 512MB IC and these sticks are definitely single sided so without taking the heat spreaders off I would assume Thaiphoon was wrong and they're actually Hynix MFR. Couldn't get them over 2933 without using a BCLK increase. Believe me I tried. I also found a home for a Cooler Master V-8 I purchased once in a pinch. I really wouldn't recommend this cooler. It might be 2° better than the 212 but noisy and not worth double the price. Still on stock voltage just using an LLC of 2 with a P-State OC

Johan45/Ryzen 5 1600x/3.94 GHz/CM V8/ IBT AVX 75% ram
ibt  1600x.JPG

Last edited:
Same system just tightened the ram a bit and did P95 for 11 hrs at ~ 80% ram usage
p95 1600x 11 hrs.JPG hyn new 3200.JPG

First couple goes. not quite an hour of prime...... Learned a few things though......

1. This Motherboard is not my Asus CHVz ...... look at that VDroop ...... set in BIOS at 1.375
2. Need better fans. I went for a bit of bling and quiet ...... Well there should be no problem finding better fans around this room.
3. These chips do throw a bit of heat when stepped on.

bassnut / RYZEN 7 1700X / 3800 / Custom Loop / Prime95 80% Ram

3800.png

I noticed that too bassnut, weird thing though that MSI SLI Plus had almost "0" v-droop and it's about as cheap as you can get for an X370 board. Your temps look OK, hard to make out the pics but if you're in the 80s true temp is in the 60s

That CPU volts that's with LLC set at 3 ...... gotta figure that out. Considering the cooling I would think my Temps better .... alfa cool ut60 360 + 240 for that loop heat killer basic for a cpu block.

Don't forget the 20° offset but yeah you would think a bit better. I'm getting close to the same on the 1600X but it's a crappy air cooler I'm using

bassnut / RYZEN7 1700X / 3900 / Custom Loop / Prime 95

3900.png

bassnut / RYZEN7 1700X / 4000 / Custom Loop / Prime 95

4000.png

A couple more ...... Gotta swap out some fans first before going farther. Got LLC figured out though.

Just a heads up bassnut, when you increase that ram speed it's going to need more V_Core

So ..... 3 new fans made a difference gonna have to get the other 2 switched out too.

Untitled-2.jpg

Back