• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thiddy's new MM case and build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, should have an update in a bit, trying to figure out the routing for the next two :p

Then I can start mounting stuff :eek:

Just got everything together and I'm running on it now. It isn't the "final build" as that will be watercooling and I can make any changes that I need to while leaving in a "beta" state now. The only thing I don't like is I have a rattling from my Raptor drive that I need to fix. Besides that, all I hear is low "whoosh" of air.

I took a ton of photos, need to edit, resize and upload. Stay tuned.

Before we start, I'd like to mention again that this is still NOT COMPLETED. I wanted the case done before I move, so it is just on air cooling for now. I will most likely be adding watercooling to the case, but it might take a little while to gather the money for it. Please ignore the SATA cables as they are "just hooked up", I'm attempting to find much longer ones for the Bluray/DVD players so that I can run them up under the edge...might even sleeve them or make them myself; I need to research.

With that being said, enjoy Project Overkill Version 0.5

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Last edited:
Very clean and wow it's big. (That's what she said) Not my style but I can appreciate it. One thing that bothered me right away though, is just an exaggeration with the camera or the border of the optical drive, or is that an actual gap?

So is this case everything you wanted it to be and more? ;)

very awesome looking :) i am jealous! what about the noise? is it very loud at all with all of the fans running the speeds you would like them to?

by the way, those are the longest sata cables i have ever seen!

Very clean and wow it's big. (That's what she said) Not my style but I can appreciate it. One thing that bothered me right away though, is just an exaggeration with the camera or the border of the optical drive, or is that an actual gap?

So is this case everything you wanted it to be and more? ;)
The gap is exactly like that, not so noticeable with the top on. There is very little that I don't like about the case.

very awesome looking :) i am jealous! what about the noise? is it very loud at all with all of the fans running the speeds you would like them to?

by the way, those are the longest sata cables i have ever seen!
Noise is low, just the whoosh from the air moving...my RAID card's fan is actually the loudest one in the case.

Beautiful
Thanks guys ;)

Remember there will more updates in the future.

Thiddy, your white balance seems a little bit off. there's a blue cast in some of the pix you posted

Thiddy, your white balance seems a little bit off. there's a blue cast in some of the pix you posted
Windows were open and it was set to fluorescent...didn't catch it until afterwards >.<

Back