• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Category 5e Cable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ascii2

Where may cheap Category 5 or Category 5e cable be attained?

I want like 15 to 20 feet of cable.

Last edited:
Sucka said:
How much do you need?
I meant to include in the original post: 15 - 20 feet of cable per cable.

Last edited:
anhvo12345 said:
dang, i thought there was a deal cuz i need some too :O
Intialy there wasn't but with members' post, there may be.

Last edited:
mystfied said:
GOOD LORD!!! Their prices are insanely cheap. i had considered offering Cat5e custom made cables in the Classifieds but I couldn't touch that with a 10ft pole. :bang head
even though their pre-made patch cords are braided copper rather than solid copper.
/favorites/add to favorites

Ascii2 said:
How can you tell?
Well, not to sound arrogant or anything but i've been installing and terminating communications lines since 1991, everything from ethernet & coax cables to fiber optics. two, i've installed and cut (to put new tips on because the clip broke or to cut the ends off and throw it in the trash so users can't pull it out and introduce a bad patch cord somewhere else) more of those prefab cables than i can remember.
The braided copper cabling is much cheaper than solid copper and it usually has a smooth, shinny sheathing. How to easily tell; bend the wire at a 90 degree angle, solid copper will stay bent and braided with snap back. :beer:

Scar said:
GOOD LORD!!! Their prices are insanely cheap. i had considered offering Cat5e custom made cables in the Classifieds but I couldn't touch that with a 10ft pole. :bang head
even though their pre-made patch cords are braided copper rather than solid copper.
/favorites/add to favorites

I picked up a 6ft gold plated DVI cable from them for like $10+few dollars shipping. Was very pleased with their service, and delivery time :) (talking about monoprice btw)

Compliments of the job I get free telephone cable, coax, and ethernet. Pay for shipping and I will send you some. I'm not sure if its 20 feet so youll have to buy a 2 ended female adapter for like 2 dollars.

Back