• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to dual GFX cards HELP Please!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

Just picked up a used BFG 9800gtx+ and it worked in his computer just fine I tested it out and everything.

I install it in mine and I don't get video but computer continues to stay online.

I have the original card in the lower pcie slot and the new bfg in the upper one the monitors are hooked to the lower one, but I just swapped a monitor to the upper one and still no video

I have the connectors in and the gpu powers on.

Any clue what I am doing wrong?

EDIT

Ok WTF I'm confused. Swapped cards so it's just the newly bought one in the same pcie slot the original card was in and still no video. WTF gives I know the card worked I watched the guy put it in his machine and start up, I checked device manager on his pc and even played a couple games and the card worked great. Pulled it out put in an antistatic bag and drove home, Installed and I get this.

Last edited:
Uninstall them both. Install just the new one in the top slot. Be sure it's fully in the slot, hook up the power connector and hook up the monitor, then fire that puppy up. Lets see what happens.

Report back-

Top slot ok doing it now.

EDIT

Same thing!!!!!!!

I'm getting kinda ****ed off at this point

Last edited:
Top slot ok doing it now.

EDIT

Same thing!!!!!!!

I'm getting kinda ****ed off at this point

Crap. Ok, maybe something with that particular card and your motherboard not playing nice. What it is, is a good guess. It happens :-/

Now I'll bet you take it back to him, put it back in his pc and it'll run normally :rolleyes:

Go back to him and explain your situation, try it again in his PC.

I shouldn't have to. I watched him pull out his 4890's after uninstalling the drivers for the ati. shut down/install the 9800gtx+ and reboot. then I checked the computer out and shut down pulled card out and I left. got home and this crap

UPDATE
I put the original back in started computer up plugged the new card in the other slot and windows fired up and was looking for new hardware. Found it and installed the drivers form Windows :D

I'll keep you posted

Ok updated the driver since it file 13'd my 195.62's and put the newest in. I reverted and rebooted.

Took about 15-25 seconds to turn the monitors light from orange to green and then as soon as it did I seen an arrow from windows 7 so I'm back up and running for now..

Anyone know why this would happen or what is going on?

Last edited:
Are you trying to run SLI with both GTX+'s ?

No SLI config I'm folding with them or attempting to but I suck at setting it up :D

I got it tricked and both are overclocked again and running fine.

Now tell me why i had to trick the BFG sucker into working lol

Hmm, odd. I remember someone posting up to get multiple GPU's folding in a box not SLI'ed, you need DVI dummy plugs. I may be wrong tho.

Hell I couldn't get 1 video card folding, much less 2 and it wasn't a high end card either. I gave up.

Hmm, odd. I remember someone posting up to get multiple GPU's folding in a box not SLI'ed, you need DVI dummy plugs. I may be wrong tho.

Hell I couldn't get 1 video card folding, much less 2 and it wasn't a high end card either. I gave up.

I have time if you want help or I can jump on Teamviewer and do it and you can watch. We need all the Clients working we can get :D

what card are you trying to use?

I was trying with a 8600GT. I gave it a few tries until I almost got a headache. Thx for the help, but I decided not to try anymore. I use the HTPC for movies & such.

I'm glad you got the BFG card to run :)

np that's what we are here for. To help each other.

I'm glad someone was here to talk errrrrrrr Type to me because I was about to crack another bottle of bacardi gold open lol

Back