• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE LanCool PC-K9 Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we will take a look at the new LanCool PC-K9 mid tower case. LanCool, a subsidiary of Lian Li, is fairly new to the industry, but they already offer 17 different cases! Moments afterunpacking the case, I knew LanCool had created a solid contender. Having never owned a Lian Li or LanCool case I felt I was in for a treat based on their great reputation.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Hdd caddy?

Nice review, 1 question, if you remove the upper hdd caddy, can it be screwed into the bottom of the case, in between the bottom hdd caddy and the PSU? There seems to be screw holes there but are they usable without modding?

thanks

Last edited:
Nice review, 1 question, if you remove the upper hdd caddy, can it be screwed into the bottom of the case, in between the bottom hdd caddy and the PSU? There seems to be screw holes there but are they usable without modding?

thanks

To GT-PC-
I havent tried that. I looked at the screw holes between the cages and PSU but couldnt figure out what they were for. This would be awesome. Allowing you to use any GPU and still retain storage for 10 drives. Ill try to mount the cages side by side when I get a chance.

does anyone know what radiator configurations will fit into this case?

To Dougshell-
You could fit a 140.2 or 120.2(might have to drill holes for 120mm spacing) and possibly a 120.1 at the rear. The 120.1 would have to be almost exactly 120x120mm as there isnt much room on the top or sides. And by using a 120.2/140.2 at the front you would have to remove the HDD cages. a 120.3/4 should fit on the back of the case quite nicely.

Last edited:
It's def a sleek case. Would consider it for a small build. I like the tool less pci card holders, they look a lot like LianLi's

I would ditch my Lian Li pc-60 for a case like that in a heat-beat! What a sharp looking case!

Last edited:
Good job onefstsnake :thup:

The LanCool PC-K9 is a lot like the LianLi PC-Z60 I got to review, but it's A LOT better and costs half as much :shock:

Everything I didn't like about the PC-Z60 seems to be "fixed" with the PC-K9.

The one thing I don't like about the PC-K9 is no top vents for exhaust fans, but that could easily be modded by cutting a ~260x130mm (roughly) hole and using something like a Bitspower Mesh Radguard 240 to cover the rough edges and mount fans. It could be done with a single fan and radguard instead.

To me, it seems like the subsidiary outdid the mother company on this one...

Back