• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Pick the new Overclockix desktop background!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which wallpaper would you like to see as the default for Overclockix?

• Wallpaper 1

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Wallpaper 2

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Wallpaper 3

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Wallpaper 4

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Wallpaper 5

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Wallpaper 6

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
It was suggested that I ask rezasam1, who has made some incredible wallpapers for our use, to make an Overclockix wallpaper. So I went ahead and asked if he would create a few and sure enough, a few hours later, we have five wallpapers to choose from! Until we get a theme put together that can possible rotate the backgrounds, I would like to have a poll to choose which wallpaper you would to see as the default.

Wallpaper 1
KIX-1.jpg

Wallpaper 2
KIX-2.jpg

Wallpaper 3
KIX-3.jpg

Wallpaper 4
KIX-4.jpg

Wallpaper 5
KIX-5.jpg

Wallpaper 6
KIXCD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of the greenish tint of #1 and #5. I like the transparency of the logo, so that knocks out #4 for me. So, I'm left with #2 and #3. #2 is more blue, but #3 has PCB traces that standout more. So, I chose #3 because I like how the PCB traces stand out, and the green tint isn't as obvious as #1 and #5. I'd like #3 even more if it was more of a blue tint, or I'd like #4 if the logo had some transparency.

My wife & I chose #5 because it was a bit less "busy" than the others. I have 100s of beautiful backgrounds, but find myself tiring of the more intricate ones, switching back to more basic scenery.

Combine number 1's oc font and its surrounding (the dot dot/rough effect :p) with everything else of number 5.

Wallpaper 6 is a late addition, but I added it anyways.

Also, I voted 4, because the logo is solid with no transparency and there is good contrast with the background - I think it looks sharpest.

Last edited:
If I had to choose I would pick #1.

Special thanks to Reza OCF's best Photoshop/aftereffects artist!

Well, it looks like wallpaper 4 is it!

attachment.php

I won't be rolling out the new release anytime this week but I will get the new wallpaper integrated tonight.

Back