• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P67 Extreme4 - D6 error after flashing L3.03 beta BIOS for Ivy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

txus.palacios

So, I will tell a long story short.

I am thinking of getting an IVB, so I decided to upgrade my BIOS to the L3.03 revision (beta one with support for Ivy). Everything went fine, BIOS flashed successfully (at least that's what InstantFlash said), but now I'm greeted with a D6 error everytime I try to boot my computer. And five beeps, they seem to be related to a lack of VGA. But it worked PERFECTLY before this flash, so the cards being dead is a really weird scenario (they're watercooled, so they're a PITA to check on another computer, but if it's a must, I may work my way out and connect it to another computer.

I already did the following:
- Massive CMOS clearing. (pushed button, removed power, removed battery for 20 minutes (yup, overkill), pushed button again, replaced battery, and put power back)
- Reseated the GPUs. Twice. Thrice.
- Checked the power connectors. Twice.
- Removed the SLi bridge and tried with and without it.
- Removed and cleaned all the RAM modules.
- Removed all the other cards.
- Removed all the other peripherals.
- Even, for the sake of randomness, reseated the BIOS IC.

Any tips, my fellow overclockers?

Wow, sorry to hear you're having problems. I successfully flashed my P67 Extreme6 with the beta L2.02 bios for it and have a 3770K running in it as I type this. But I did mine with a thumb drive and through the bios flashing program, not in windows. Have you tried another vid card perhaps? Like an old pci based vid card? I keep 1 around just for special problems.

Yea, I did it with a thumb drive and through ASRock's UEFI Utility (it's called ASRock Instant Flash IIRC). I have extremely bad experiences with Windows flashing programs, so I never use them. Not any kind of software that may affect the BIOS, TBH. Hehe.

I may ask a local retailer who's a friend of mine to lend me a PCI card and try to boot with it. It seems another guy had a problem with L3.03 and d6 because he had a 6950@6970. He had to run it as a 6950 for the system to boot. It makes me think that maybe with this upgrade the system got super picky as far as for graphics cards goes?

And, the other problem is that, if I manage to boot, I read that I should not downgrade the BIOS from L3.03 because of Intel ME's firmware upgrade. So...

EDIT: AsRock doesn't seems to want to answer me, already sent a mail asking for RMA to the e-tailer I got this board from. And, just about to order a Z77. I must have the computer live again asap.

Last edited:
Back