• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX6300 Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wipeout

I have had this cpu overclocked @ 4.4g for the last 3 weeks.I do alot of gaming,but I'm constantly extracting iso's,among other tasks,and this chip zips right through it.All games run on high settings run at 60 fps,which is limited by the monitor,not the cpu.

I had this oc @ 4.5g with 1.4v,and it passed prime 95 for a few hours,but my temps increased 5-7c.Max load was 50-52C,which is more than acceptable oc ,but the temp increase is not worth pushing this another 100 MHz for the trade off in temps.At 4.4g this cpu is lighting fast maintaining low temps.

What temps are you getting with your FX CPU ?

Attached some screen shots of current stable oc :salute:

Attachments

• Idle.png
    Idle.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 524
  • load.png
    load.png
    328 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Looks pretty good. In my thread does FX-8350 tend to flatline in additional peformance like the FX8120, I found that the Piledriver cpu of mine was seemingly most muscular at 4.2, 4.4, 4.6, 4.8Ghz or even speeds. You like your 4.4Ghz and that might be just exactly right since you don't like the 4.5Ghz temps.
RGone...

Have mine at 4.56 Gig 217 X 21 @ 1.4375 on air, never seeing it above 55 not that I take much notice. If my flightsim crashes (FSX) its not stable. Had it here for over a month now.

Looks pretty good. In my thread does FX-8350 tend to flatline in additional peformance like the FX8120, I found that the Piledriver cpu of mine was seemingly most muscular at 4.2, 4.4, 4.6, 4.8Ghz or even speeds. You like your 4.4Ghz and that might be just exactly right since you don't like the 4.5Ghz temps.
RGone...

This. I feel like your options are either to try to get a lower voltage / pll voltage / something at 4.5 and get the temps closer to how you like it, or just stick with your satisfactory, fast, stable, and cool 4.4

Finding with PD that, while they OC well and will scream if you're able to deal with the heat, they do the best in the 4.2-4.6GHz range heat wise. My 8350 hardly registers a change in temp under load at 4.4, and my fluid doesn't really warm any either. At 4.6, the change is quite noticable. At 4.8, everything has to be running at 80%+ or it will approach the 50c mark, even on water. They get hot QUICK haha

I have an AMD 955 & 965.I'm not using either atm,but @ 3.8g w/1.375v on cpu v-core these chips run cool.In a well ventilated case my temps were 30c to 50c max,gaming for hours.125watts vs 140watts version made a difference,but using a cpu @ 95watts,well..it makes ocing alot easier, to say the least,in the temperature dept.

I think I'll lower the volts by .025,and see if I can maintain current temps after upping to 4.5g.I'm inspired now.

Last edited:
The FX-6300 I am using here came from someone who has tested at least 3 FX-6300s and he says all three are oh so close to the same way. Understand the Vcore I am using in this round of testing is more than likely NOT enough for Prime 95 stable speeds as tested. Maybe at the speeds less than 4.4Ghz as I did test those speeds briefly. But the Vcore as shown at faster speeds is 'just barely' enough to boot windows and then run Cinebench and CPU test in 3Dmark06. I have tried to make the variables very clear and to the point.

Vcore comparison.

I really think that for most people the 6300 is the way to go other than the deneb.

I really think that for most people the 6300 is the way to go other than the deneb.

Aye, I find that in typical gaming scenarios, the 6300 is actually slightly BETTER, simply because it can be pushed higher on less cooling. I got the 8350 and 8320 ONLY because of the amount of encoding I do and the heavily multi-threadded games my wife and I play together. My shop rig uses a 6300 because it is much more fun to OC :attn:

Back