• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.82 an stable!..but not satisfied:(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=[8c0re8]=

well after getting a new HSF [COOL MASTER HHC-001]
it seems my XP2000+1.67 is running quite nicely @ 1.82.

i shall wait till i get my mushkin ram to see if i can go any higher?
right now its running PC2100 INFINEON DDR RAM CAS 2
with a FSB@ 145 and [email protected] UNLOCKED
but it seem i get better performance when i leave the MultiX @
auto...as a matter of fact i had no problems leaving all my settings
@ auto such as the votage core, ram voltage an agp votage.
i justed pushed the FSB to [email protected] which was the most i could go with my other HSF [a Vantec Aluminum fan @120-125f..ughhh]
any ways with my new COOLMASTER the temps were ALOT more
cooler. @1.82 they are now running@ 100-102f FULL LOAD!
i8n fact its still running a quake3 arena game ! [i start a q3 game
load them up with all the bots start the game an then go to spectate and let the comp run. be sure to take off frag an time limit or set time]..games been goin all night.. an temps around same 102f.

best 3D MARKSCORE TO DATE: 11913.....IM SHOOTING FOR 12K

ill post sum shots soon..

"Jah would never give da power to da bald head"
robert nester marley....

MSI KT3 ULTRA AMD XP2000+ [email protected] [100-102f]
COOLMASTER HHC-001 HSF
512MB INFINEON PC2100 CAS 2
VISIONTEK GEFORCE 4 TI4600 GPU@315 RAM@ 699
TDK VELO CDR-RW 40x
20GB IBM DESKSTAR 7200 RPM HD
ON BOARD AUDIO

very good job! but that FSB HAS TO GO HIGHER. dude yer only running 143MHz. u should be able to hit much higher with that ram. i have the same heatsink/fan....it does rock! check out my sig. and i have no problem hitting this speed. i know i can go higher but i want to burn this in for a week. dude trust me...if i can do it with a 1GHz AXIA you can do it with what u have.

leave the multiplier alone and set the FSB to 150 if it boots then go higher...keep doing it till it doesnt boot or you get errors...then add voltage....and u MUST add voltage to the Mem voltage. once you find your limit then defrag and start running stablilty tests. remember if you have any problems in windows first try to up the voltage...if that fails then down clock a bit. find that happy medium.

Back