• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12 volt LCD screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n17ikh

I was thinking about putting together a car computer and decided that I would use all 12 volt components... 12 volt power supply, 12 volt monitor, etc etc... The problem with this is that I need to find a good 12 volt monitor at low cost, as I'm on a budget... The monitor I've been thinking about is this one http://www.displaze.com/Html/Products/Chassis/Z150a.htm
Could someone please tell me if this is a good monitor for just a Winamp visualization and the occasionial game or two? no really fast game like Doom III, UT 2003 but maybe one like Mechwarrior 4 instead... I would also be watching DVD's and DivX on this.... It needs to be bright and have a fairly good response time... Any suggestions on another 12 volt monitor would be good...
Another thing... on the aforementioned monitor, can anyone figure out their pricing? I can't seem to get it right, but I'm guessing that it means $142.10, not $1421 or $14.21 (I wish) Please help!! Sorry about the incongruent post, but I'm really tired from exams...

12v monitor

most people in a car pc system are using a tvout video card combined with a cheapish 5-12 inch 12volt flat lcd monitor-- they are found way under $100 on ebay and other places... the bigger they are the more they cost though... as far as games, high end visuals and framerates will not be spectacular to say the least...

sorry to say, i think they are wanting 1 thousand for that thing... and just get a regular LCD and an inverter, or make a replacement power supplt for it (if you're feeling adventurous) it shouldnt be TOO hard to do, just have to find what voltages it's outputing. you'll probably have to do the same for the main PSU for the rig, make it, or use an inverter.

Yea, that's a 15 inch touchscreen, and not an old monitor, that's a TV with NTSC....(ching)

-Jeff

Back