• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1500 watt evega psu (bob get one!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
http://www.evga.com/articles/00687/

124A (133A OC Mode) on the 12v rails!

1500W of continuous power delivery with 90% efficiency and exceptionally clean voltage output. What does that mean? The best stability, reliability, and overclockability, and unparalleled control. The NEX1500 supports today’s highest-end dual CPU and quad GPU systems. Push things even farther with OC Mode, which boosts the output wattage to 1650W to make the NEX1500 the highest-rated ATX power supply on the planet.

Keep that power in check with EVGA’s exclusive SuperNOVA software which allows you to monitor power supply voltage, power consumption, and efficiency. Adjust the power supply’s +12V rail for maximum overclock potential, or adjust fan speed for the quietest system possible. Even switch between single or multiple power supply rails! The power is in your hands.

Combine that with EVGA’s unique individually sleeved cabling system and the unparalleled control given by our exclusive SuperNOVA software, and you have an enthusiast power supply that simply cannot be beat.

Unique individual sleeving. Not at all similar to OCZ's 1kw fatal1ty individual sleeving!

I'll get one if I can, don't worry :D

I'm hoping to get one for review. I'm very curious who made the guts.
I'm going to laugh if it's the same Enhance bits as the coolermaster 1500.

I'm hoping to get one for review. I'm very curious who made the guts.
I'm going to laugh if it's the same Enhance bits as the coolermaster 1500.

this one seems really intricate with all the settings you can change on it via usb, though they are gimmicky as hell and has ALOT of rails lol

sucks that it has to be on 220v for the "oc mode" prolly too much amperage for 110 though

you have a 220 outlet bob? :D

Hell I have ~60 amps of 3phase 240v if it wants it! Auto repair shop :D
Load tester caps out at ~1440w though.

Sounds like a disease I don't want to catch.

If it's not enermax maybe it'll actually work hot too

this thing looks awesome, i love the fully modular and totally sleeved cables, the USB is a neat idea

i can't wait for a legitimate good review to be posted on it

side note: i wonder if the software could be hacked and used to destroy an unsuspecting person's computer ;o

I doubt there's that much flexibility in the software, though access to the fan profile could at least cause it to shut down from overtemp protection.
Assuming it actually has overtemp protection. I bet it does.

if we can shut down centrifuges in a protected Iranian nuclear facility, I'm sure its possible to fry a measly psu from a windows program.

Back