• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

156 watt peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jordan

will a 156 watt peltier do any good with a cpu that is putting out 70-80 watts just by itself? I was thinking watercooled with two radiators (120mm fans on each)

i remember reading somewhere that the peltier might do more harm than good due to the amount of wattage total with the cpu and peltier combined- if this is the case, is there anything else I can do to keep my system under ambient room temp?

you are gonna have to run some very good water cooling, also you'll probably need a few good power supply to run that. good luck

You can run it off a Enermax 651 but not at the full 156 watts. A cooling system with high overhead like the DangerDen stuff can handle the heat.

You might also look into a waterchiller in the loop. OCWC premakes them for 125 dollars, but I think you could make'em yourself for around 40-50. Like try 2 waterblocks and (4-6) 50-80Watt peltier in between. Should keep the water fairly cool ;). Well just a thought.

-dasouthernocer

Back