• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.0A not booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f012t12

I placed an intel 2.0A from one computer into another computer. In the first computer, it worked just fine.

I wiped off the heatpad with alchohol and cotton balls (and some toilet paper) and put new thermal grease and tried it out.

No boot.

I wanted to see if it was the computer or the chip so I placed it in the other computer and it did not boot.

Well, the cpu fan runs and everything else but the screen is blank.

Is there anything that can be done to make the cpu work?

Last edited:
Check for bent of missing pins. A situation like this with an AMD CPU, I normally would think that the core was accidently damaged by the heatsink, but since this has a heatspreader, it is pretty hard to damage the core.

Inspect the pins, see if any are loose, bent, missing, dirty, etc.

Usually if the board does not recognize the CPU at all, it will give you a beep code saying there is no CPU, but obviously it is recognizing it, just not working.

Try clearing the CMOS and try again. Also, check out those pins!

Good Luck!
-0cer
:cool:

He already tried clearing cmos... There are atleast two other threads on this problem. Now that he has tried the CPU in two mobos and it didn't work in either he expects it to be the problem.

I may just have to see what my warranty has to offer.

I checked, the pins without noticing problems.

Thanks for your help.

Because earlier the cpu was working, it must've been because when I used the alchohol it touched the circuitry and ruined it. Or, it wasn't fully dry when I started the computer.

Back