• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4C OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well i was hoping that there would be a trend with the codes or mfg date, but there isn t :eh?: . ive tried everything i can think of :confused:. my computer wont even boot at 267fsb and 1.55v 1.6v gets errors in p95 faster then you can say bob cry :cry:. AGP is at 1.8, and ram is at 2.9 (cant go higher). im out if ideas. i think i might get a new proc. im looking at the 2.8 pressies. the last thing that i didnt try was seeing if there was a "dead spot" with the FSB, so i set the vcore voltage to 1.6 and the fsb to 280. 3.36ghz. it wouldnt even post. im pretty sure its the chip. BUT i have an extra chip around here somewhere. it has ONE broken pin off of one of the corners :bang head . would it be safe to try w/ the broken pin? :bang head :eh?:

Try 270ish (I just used 1.675 volts, less might do it too but I just shot for the roof). For me 280 is no post, 275 makes a lound bleeep. 270 posts and runs windows fine, but prime makes insta errors. Odd that 249 is rock stable for me, 250+ is gone to crap but will keep on working and getting into windows clear up to 270 (prolly a touch over 270, didnt feel like messing with it anymore).

ive tried all FSB's and literally NOTHING over 250 wont work in prime95. i found a place to send my 3.0C and get the broken pin fixed.

a friend has a 2.4a.. with stock cooling...
he overcloacked it to 6Ghz.. and it booted into windows stable... dont know about games..

its pretty hard for me to believe him.. but he sayd he'd send me CPUz
i wonder is it really possible?

not possible. my chip (the C version) has a multi of 12. and most boards can do 400fsb. and 12*400=4800. 6.0ghz isnt possible

The 2.4A is a Prescott with an 18X multiplier. But still, there is no way it'll run 6 gig with stock cooling. The world record was 6 gig last fall with super cooling. I call BS.

batboy said:
The 2.4A is a Prescott with an 18X multiplier. But still, there is no way it'll run 6 gig with stock cooling. The world record was 6 gig last fall with super cooling. I call BS.

ok proof is here... the CPU ... claims to be a p4 2.4a on a asus p4c800 with some cooling (nothing fancy, heatsink with copper base with a 92mm cooler)

dont ask me why CPU-z see's it as a p4 3.6 Ghz.. once past 3 Ghz he sayd cpu'z chainged his info aswell

i`m... stunned

Attachments

• ovclk.JPG
    ovclk.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 131
Gee that screenshot looks awfully familiar... ;)

I think "your friend" should thank Macci over from XtremeSystems forums for the wonderful overclock: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42655&page=1&pp=25

A watercooled 156W tec on the northbridge, more than two volts going through the northbridge / AGP circuitry, and enough liquid nitrogen to freeze a whole cow. I don't think your friend has any clue who's picture he raped...

Albuquerque said:
Gee that screenshot looks awfully familiar... ;)

I think "your friend" should thank Macci over from XtremeSystems forums for the wonderful overclock: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42655&page=1&pp=25

A watercooled 156W tec on the northbridge, more than two volts going through the northbridge / AGP circuitry, and enough liquid nitrogen to freeze a whole cow. I don't think your friend has any clue who's picture he raped...

Jeezas thanks... i`m gonna pay him a little visit... honastly i didnt know...
i`ll take my boxing gloves with me :temper: :D

It was the watermark across the CPU-Z window that gave it away... CPU-Z doesn't have a watermark normally, so having that dark grey circular overlay meant something was up. If you look at the fullscreen capture over there on Xtremesystems (there's a link right below the CPU-Z screenie that says "full screen") and you'll see what the whole watermark looks like.

Basically ALL of the hardcore overclocking "teams" will mark their screenshots so nobody else can swipe them and say it's their own :)

ey guys quick question, i got a ic7-g for my 2.4c and i oc'd @ 3.42ghz on air(5 fans). i get about 59°C when running a game(under load).. is this a good overclock? i think i have 5:4 on my ratio and my FSB reads 190.3mhz and 18 multiplier.. is there a way i can lower my multiplier to like 12 and have a higher fsb? i been tryin to figure it outl. anyhow im at 3.42 and i thought id get an opinion/help. this is my first overclocking..

If you have a 2.4C (800FSB), then at 3.42 you'll be at a 285FSB........ and the 2.4C's have a 12 multiplier. So you actually have a 2.4B.......... and for a 2.4B, yes that is a very good overclock.

Your temps are a little on the high side.... but as long as they don't go over 60-62°C, you should be fine. To answer your other question, no you can't adjust the multiplier on Intel chips...... the only way we can overclock is by increasing the FSB.

What MTB said, except the temps are getting a little high for a Northwood. But, maybe it's a 2.4A Prescott? Use CPU-Z to find out what you really have.

Back