• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Klashe

Registered
Would you say that the voltage (1.7) I'm supplying the CPU is too much? I have a Swiftech MCX4000 w/ a Thermaltake SCF 2. I get about 37-38C idle and 42.5-44 load. I'm just concered about the longevity of the CPU. I am able to run [email protected] default voltage rock solid, but when I reach 3GHz+ territory, I need to pump a lot more volts into the CPU. Kind of strange if you ask me. Your suggestions are appreciated.

guys it's DOUBLE!!!!! NOT DUBBLE!!!! GET THE DIFFERENCE! (i'm surprised at you mica aren't you like in your 30s and can't even spell double.. tsk tsk not good at all....) I'd say that's fine but a quick question... is that 1.7volts in bios or actual???

The thing is, DD, dubble is slang that you obiously missed in your social interactions :p

No pwn (again, slang) indended, of course, being same age as me, i hope u'll understand :p

Darryl_D said:
guys it's DOUBLE!!!!! NOT DUBBLE!!!! GET THE DIFFERENCE! (i'm surprised at you mica aren't you like in your 30s and can't even spell double.. tsk tsk not good at all....) I'd say that's fine but a quick question... is that 1.7volts in bios or actual???

it's 1.722 real for 3.0ghz...I only give real vcore, never bios settings.

mica

P.S. I'm lucky to be able to spell my name.
spelling, my only true weakness.:p

jfyi....I just turned 36. LOL

Micamica,

You say real voltage setting. How do you determine that?

I have always found the bios is closer to the real voltage than what sandra or most windows utilities say.

I have checked it by touching a multimeter against the proper pins on the mobo. Right on. All voltages were right on. PSU voltages can be done at the end of the molex.

ol' man said:
Micamica,

You say real voltage setting. How do you determine that?

I have always found the bios is closer to the real voltage than what sandra or most windows utilities say.

I have checked it by touching a multimeter against the proper pins on the mobo. Right on. All voltages were right on. PSU voltages can be done at the end of the molex.

what I and others are talking about is the difference of what we set in the bios, and what we get in windows at idle.

if I set my vcore at 1.675v in bios, I get 1.722 in windows.

yes, my motherboard "overvolts".....this is normal for the P4PE.

some mobos undervolt.

voltage readings are done with MBM5 or asus probe.

I can't say they are 100% acurate, yet they are very close.

I hope this helps.

mica

Back