• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

300w external power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MuffinRage

Registered
I am building a AM2+ Phenom 960t mITX system. The problem is i want to use a low profile case which means an external power supply. There will be nothing serious, on board graphics, a single SATA drive, no cd-rom, one small PCI WiFi card that's it. I now need to locate an external power supply; something that will fit right into a pico PSU.

Can anyone suggest a 300w external power supply? Is this even possible? Bulk isn't really an issue and I expect something like this to come with it's own cooling unit; just as long as it isn't ridiculously noisy! ;)

Thanks.

What's your size limit? What case are you using? I suggest the Silverstone Sugo SG05. It's not absolutely tiny; but it's a decent size; comes with an 80+ 300W PSU. And isn't overly expensive. Or have you already got a case?

Why would you need an external supply that big for a Pico PSU? The biggest they make is 160 w/max 200 watt rating. The 16 amp external is plenty for it.
I know they were out of stock often at mini-box, but there are other resellers I've seen it at now. eBay

That said, I was looking at a Meanwell 12V supply. It would take a custom cable to connect it, but that's not too hard to make with mini-box's mini fit adapter.

Last edited:
Im looking for the same thing an external psu so I can get a book size itx case and stick it in the dash of my truck.
for those that say 160 is max click here If any one DOES know where to get a 300w version please post a link. If you don't know your useless and dont bother posting Mr post count hunter :p

Im looking for the same thing an external psu so I can get a book size itx case and stick it in the dash of my truck.
for those that say 160 is max click here If any one DOES know where to get a 300w version please post a link. If you don't know your useless and dont bother posting Mr post count hunter :p

You're*.

So essentially you're saying if WE don't know... We're useless? Yet you're the one asking the question? I guess that makes you useless too? Seriously dude. Your post is rude and won't get you very far on these forums. I'd suggest another forum if all your posts as a new member start like that.

Back