• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200+ or 3000+ 939????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chris64

Disabled
ok guys last question, i have already odrered my msi k8n neo platinum 939 from new egg referb for 99 bones, now heres what im gonna be usin to go with it

2x 512 hyper x pc4000
antec 350w psu for board and drives, seperate psu for vid card and fans and pumps
massive water coolin setup with dual rads cause it gets REAL hot in florida.
and my trustry old 9800 pro clocked real real high.

Do u guys think i should get the 3000+ with its puny 9x multi???
Or the 3200+ with its 10x multi?

My ram has never been tested to go higher than 212 since im on a destop barton now so im not sure how high it will go, but its pc4000 kingston so im sure its tested to go at least 250.

So is the 3200 worth the extra 50 buks??? or should i take my chances with the 3000 and pushing my memory to its limit???

thanks guys for answering my bombardment of questions

also is there a better place to order from than new egg for cpu's???

The higher the multiplier the better on a A64. It's not like the XPs were we all pushed for high FSB then upped the multi.

yea it went down in price from friday to 180 oem, i think this gonna be a nice cpu, looking foward to the increase in speed from my oldie but goldie barton 2500, i just hope the msi neo 2 platinum serves me well, kinda wish that i ordered the epox, also now i gotta get a new psu , dont really understand why since the 64's use lower voltage than the bartons.

Be glad you did not get the epox. I have it, I have had two now. Both had problems posting, the first would not post or froze on post. The second has to be turned on and off several times to post and then boot. However, it is a great overclocker. I just have a sour taste over epox now. Every board I have ever had die is from Epox.

Also, the layout of the board sucks. If the cooling on your card is stock, you should be ok, but if you have one of the newer cards, or you are using a ATI or NVsilencer, forget using the SATA ports that are locked. Second, if you do go with some type of add on cooling on your vid card, forget upgrading the southbridge fan, because it is so close to the AGP slot you have to run the stock fan/sink, you can't add on a decent cooler. Also, the floppy cable connector is at the bottom of the board. And.. the socket is a bit to close to the AGP slot, so you may have some trouble with some coolers touching the card, especially the tower type coolers. Also, most tower coolers need to be set up to blow upward or backward towards a exhaust fan, with the epox, the socket is up and down, which is fine, but being so close to the AGP slot, you will have to blow down, onto your vid card.

Have I complained enough? ;)

I got my Neo2 and a 3000+ up to 9x290 before it would not post... Of course i had to underclock the ramm quite a bit, cause it well, sucks. But i like the board quite a bit.

Back