• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5" WALMART NEON MOD- COMPLETE guide to connecting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just did this mod with a 10'' light from walmart. I found out that is actually 17'', but the light is 10, so it doesnt fit well in my case. But having it blink to the music is just an awesome effect.

did you remove the neon from all the tubing and crap they put over it! There are two screws, just unscrew them and remove the housing, its worthless and only serves to block light, I think I have a pic of that above...

Wish my local store had red :-(

sorry pics are down till I can get home from work and get my server back online... stupid lightening storms

I have two quick questions, what kind of lighting did you use in that keyboard.. that looks sweet. Second what are "el"s??

Walmart EL strip is ElectroLuminescent cable that can be bought for like $16. Took me 8 hours to tear down, pull apart, install, hot glue, put back together, wire the keyboard, its not an easy job. Specially if your keyboard was like mine and every single key needed to be removed one by one.

I'm just surprised I got everything back together ok, there were tons of wires and grounds going everywhere and obviously I didn't spend 8 stright hours on the keyboard so I kinda forgot how things were wired over my break...

anyway, let me know if you have any other questions about wiring or anything. I'm working 52hr weeks and haven't been able to finish my mod (cut my side panel)....

take er easy...

yeah amen to that, I've been enjoying my keyboard mod in every way except I can't seem to get the spacebar working well... :-( It needs to be taken apart but I don't have the time :-(. THinking about selling it and buying a silver keyboard from newegg to match my alum lian-li. Then get a nice flat panel thats silver. My stereo that runs my sound is already silver :)

hmmm maybe I will add EL to the new silverkeyboard... who knows...

think anyone would be interested in a prewired- preEL'd keyboard with a spacebar that works but not perfectly?

Back