• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5870 back in stock at the Egg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bought one as well.

I must say Alien, I almost get goosebumps in the Classified section when I see one of your threads listed. If it wasn't for the addition on my house, that Maximus would have been mine.

I bought one as well.

I must say Alien, I almost get goosebumps in the Classified section when I see one of your threads listed. If it wasn't for the addition on my house, that Maximus would have been mine.

missed that board, it is sweet.

lol just down to the xfx one now..that was fast

The XfX a bit more but then it's got a little better clock stock

nice to see them getting back close to MSRP. I want the 5850 but am not paying what they are asking for them right now. I would have bought 2 of the patriot torqx ssd's a new psu and teh card if they were reasonable on the 5850 right now. 389 at zipzoomfly for a 259 card

YeeaSSH! You think thats steep. Take a gander at this crap.

ZZF $899.99 5970 :rain:

WTH? I paid $535 for my 4870x2 about a year ago when it 1st came out.

Well, if you can't find a cheaper deal anywhere else then it probably does belong here.

The deal this time is that they have lowered the price from infinity dollars (not available)... That's a huge percentage savings!!!

Well, if you can't find a cheaper deal anywhere else then it probably does belong here.

The deal this time is that they have lowered the price from infinity dollars (not available)... That's a huge percentage savings!!!

Infinite, even. Can't beat that :p

I'd buy the cheapest 5870 available because they are all the same. The only two I might pay a bit of a premium for is either the Asus or MSI version because they have better bios' that allow for higher OCs right out of the box. The others need to be flashed.

ZZF is really starting to go downhill IMO..

Last edited:
Boy I'd love one of these. I actually was looking at the 5850's and Newegg had a refurb for $180. I sat for like 10 minutes pondering on if I could get away with it with the wife, and finally decided "aww screw it" and went to do it but someone snatched it. :(

Still haven't sold out. I guess all the desperate buyers already have their cards. I hope they stay right where they are until the prices come down. I want another one for crossfire but the price hike is causing me not to be so interested at the moment.

I could be wrong, but when the new 5XXX series launched, weren't the prices $260 for a 5850 and $370 for a 5870? Now they both seem about $50 higher...

I could be wrong, but when the new 5XXX series launched, weren't the prices $260 for a 5850 and $370 for a 5870? Now they both seem about $50 higher...
I don't know the exact prices at release but they were in the neighborhood of what you listed.

thats what the prices were, then amd raised the retail by $20 american. So then the ripoffs started. I wont support any of the e-tailers until this crap stops

no video card is worth more than 200$ , maybe I am getting older and cheaper as the years pass on... >.<

Welp! Someone just had to have it. Its out of stock now. LOL!

Back