• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600 C2D, are my Temps ok???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hUMANbEATbOX said:
those temps are way to hgih for stock vcore and 3000mhz. you need to reseat your cooler. what heatsink have you got btw?

Thermalright SI 120 with 120mm 80cfm Fan on it. The heatsink is absolutelly perferct on that cpu. Just analyzed it.
i dont really know.........

i´ll make a pic tomorrow......

cu tomorrow...i´ve to work now:(

ghosty1234 said:
Just analyzed it.

what do you mean by analyze? did you remove the heatsink and check to see if the thermal compound was providing good contact between the HSF and the CPU?

have you checked the cpu itself to see if the IHS in concave?

your idle temps look great, its the load that is high..

you actually need to even touch the vcore for 3.0-3.1ghz on ur E6600... that sux i dont even need to touch mine till bout 3150mhz with stock vcore being 1.3000 and your temps ARE WAY to high.... i have an ultra 120 with a 47cfm yate loon @ 6v and im idiling at 38*C in TAT and load right about 45-47ish

hUMANbEATbOX said:
what do you mean by analyze? did you remove the heatsink and check to see if the thermal compound was providing good contact between the HSF and the CPU?

have you checked the cpu itself to see if the IHS in concave?

your idle temps look great, its the load that is high..

i´ll just checked if the sink is 100% on that cpu;).....

i will remove the heatsink again and put it in other direction......(90° in other position)

sry for bad english, i hope u understand me:(

k

i´ve reinstalled the heatsink. i put it in 90° in other direction.
result: 3 celsius lower

then i run 1,30 volt on cpu now:
result: 5 celsius lower

case is closed...

btw: i need more conroe-experience, cause i got this baby for 2 days now;)...this nice chips have an another bahavior as all the other cpu´s...

loadce1.jpg

Last edited:
The XP-120 isn't has good as some of the newer heatsinks (it and the XP-90C are the old standbys though) And the 80CFM 120mm fan may have poor preasure for its air output ie. 25mm rather then 38mm thick.
You might want to cosider a fan and/or heatsink upgrade if you want to go higher with the CPU frequency :beer:

Your English is fine btw :beer: MUCH better then my German :p

oki greenmaji:)...thx:)...

then i have to buy a new kind of heatsink. U got some idea, whats the top of the line atm?..."Scythe"..??

Scythe Infinity, Ultra-120 or SI-128. (three off the top of my head)

120X38mm fan CFM in the low 100's and put it on a controller ;)

k m8t, cool:)
atm i got the "Thermalright SI 120" with 120mm 80cfm Fan.

well....i´ll take a look on the Infinity and the Ultra-120, also on some of these monster-fans:)

deathman20 said:
Wow first time I've seen the VID lower then 1.325V

I just got a Week 29 E6600 from Newegg. The default VID is 1.225! I'm at 3.2ghz at an indicated 1.2v on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe. 8 x 400.

unixadm said:
I just got a Week 29 E6600 from Newegg. The default VID is 1.225! I'm at 3.2ghz at an indicated 1.2v on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe. 8 x 400.

Wow

Back