• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6GHz Club [Core 2 Duo/Quad/Extreme]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deanzo

Benchmarking Senior Member
It's about time I started this thread.
With the new E8600 only days away for most, 6GHz is where it's at! (maybe even 7GHz with the right board, chip and cooling :drool:)

No need to run any benchmarks, A 6000MHz (or higher) CPU-Z validation makes you part of the club :)

QX9650 - LN2
XFX 790i Ultra - P05 Bios
vCore - 1.96
vMCH - 1.60

6045Mhz validation http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=369183

6GHz Club Members:

1st: Deanzo - QX9650 - 6045Mhz @ 1.96v - LN2 - XFX 790i Ultra
2nd: rdrash - E8500 - 6113MHz @1.775v - LN2 - Asus Rampage Extreme
3rd: Ross - E8600 - 6403Mhz @ lots - LN2 - Gigabyte EP45T Extreme
4th: El<(')>Maxi - E8600 - 6200Mhz @ lots - LN2 - Asus Rampage Extreme
5th: sno.lcn - E8600 - 6005Mhz @1.936 - LN2 -

Come on Ross, how many days are you going to make us wait ? :p:D

Last edited:
:p I would have thought 5ghz on air would have been good enough to be in a club.

Rename this the LN2 club?

With the right chip and board, a SS or DI will do it.

Ross has already posted a 5.9+ in the CPU-z thread and he's not on LN2.
If he can get his board to play ball, he should hit 6 soon.

:p I would have thought 5ghz on air would have been good enough to be in a club.

We have had a 5Ghz C2D Club thread for all most 2 years.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=480042

And hitting 5Ghz with these new chips (E8600) on air or water isn't going to be that hard.

And no, before someone just has to post it. That would not be prime stable :bang head

wingman99 said:
What did you have before and how do you like it

Let's keep the OT post's out of this thread..Thanks

LOL, I'll try Dean ;) I messed with both boards all day trying to get 6x600FSB stable on air (so maybe screenable at 10x600). I may just need to try another board.

Mine screened 5GHz @ 1.55Vc on water. I've seen 5GHz screened at 1.45Vc on air with others though. Either way, there will be plenty of 5GHz and 6GHz clocks to go around for everyone ;)

Maybe I should grab a cheap set of ram, a E8600, and rig up some form of a water chiller. I'll rez my rig for this.

Spot reserved...hopefully.

bump...because I made it and I updated my reserved spot :p

you guys are nutz! 6ghz out of quad? i was happy to get 4. great job guys i wanna see somemore.

Nice job Matt, especially on an 8500. I guess that RE is all that ;) I hope to be joining the thread soon :D

Back