• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

New memory kits from Crucial rarely have premieres but they are always something different than we are used to seeing from other brands. Lately more computer enthusiasts are looking for fast, high density, and low-profile memory. Why not to combine all these features in one memory kit that will also work at low voltage? Crucial Ballistix LP is probably the only series on the market that includes all above features in one product. In this review I will focus on the Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB DDR3-1600 Kit.
... Return to article to continue reading.

nice and informative, which is great. all the info that we could want.

I have a set of the 2x4gb modules and they will do 2200@9-9-9-24 with 1.6v, very happy with them. they wont do the clocks my samsungs will do, but end up with better timings

Nice review Woomack!
The charts of speeds/timings/results are a very nice touch.

I have a kit of this ram.
I love it.

I was confused by the part where the test platform says its using GeIL memory.

Very attractive memory. I wonder what the process is compared to the other manufacturers.

They have a "value" version of this that is even shorter, it leaves off the unnecessary heat sink, probably cheaper on the egg too.

Wow, never saw a RAM reivew before, for something that's all the same you did a good job =P

Seriously, the companies you review products of should hire you for the feature pics. The banner is awesome.

They overclock quite nicely, and they're small. Might grab a kit soon.

About the same overclocking results are on MSI Z77 MPower so 2133 9-9-10-27 1N ~1.53V is passing memtest86+ and is running in F@H or games without problems.
MPower UEFI - 17.5/17.6
Also 2 sticks are working without problems on ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme so X58 board that officially isn't supporting 8GB sticks. I didn't try with more than 2.

Back