• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

775 FSB/mem straps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What's that Q_F, the board or no LN2
I was just testing the board first run and no software for windows. I just found it odd that the straps just stoped working at a certain FSB. That's why I had the probe running to get an idea of where the other voltages were set

I still have my Maximus II Gene (made in 2009) with a Q6600 G0 SLACR (made in 2008, based on interpretation of the codes)
(The VID is 1.3250V) (The finicky chip that likes to give bus errors starting at around only 350-ish FSB) (Needs more FSB term starting at 350-ish)

I think I should get a Yorkie! Probably most issues will be gone afterwards...

Right now, the Maximus II Gene rig is my Halo CE server. ;)

Operating as my Halo CE server, it's been at 333x9.0. (No voltage changes required) (The only thing different is that I have CPU LLC on)

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm doing it right or wrong but to get an idea of initial voltages I leave them on auto and check them with speedfan, up the multi and check volts again, up fsb and check, etc, etc until I get an idea for how each voltage scales (?) with increases in fsb/multi, ram speeds, etc then (finally) set my target voltages in bios and get going.

That's kinda what I was doing. I just wrote them down then upped the speed to see which ones changed. The NB voltage was setting at 1.6v on it's own . I thought that was high but I've had most esperience on P45 which started at 1.2v. Guess X38 was a bit different.
EDIT: Aren't you the funny one Q_F. Remember always to the left. Ha ha
@ RJAAR I tried upping the termination voltage a couple bumps and it didn't seem to make a lot of difference. Also the PLL voltage I think I tried 1.4v no boot up to 1.8 ish

Last edited:
flash the rampage bios no limit on the fsbt voltage when Quad is installed as far as i can tell- lot of dead links to tell for sure

I'll have to read up on that Q_F and try it when I get that one back in the saddle. You mean the X48 ?? I thought that was DDR3

I see now that I was wrong and looking at the board, on the outside it looks identical. I'll have to do some homework.

yeah x48 ddr2 not REX but rampage formula ddr2 flash to maxius formula ddr2 should unlock fsbt voltage need over 1.5v for 500+ fsb

I'd have to force it though wouldn't I ? Through DOS not flash utility in BIOS

Don't you force gpu Bios ?:) never played with that board if i had that board dual-core would come alive so play with that first if a little iffy on flashing that board

Thanks Ales and Q_F for persisting I got it now. Just did some digging and looks pretty straight forward to convert to a free rampage board

EDIT: Never to iffy flashing things. Just do it through DOS and should be fine already have a USB for it just need the right AFUDOS and bios files

@ RJAAR I tried upping the termination voltage a couple bumps and it didn't seem to make a lot of difference.

Don't need to touch that unless you get STOP: 0x00000124 BSOD during blend Prime95 and a bus/interconnect error in the event log.

This seems ridiculously common on 65nm Quads.

+1 RJARRRPCGP for 24/7 but i'm looking at 550+ on the 45nm<---- for him when he decides to run this board on LN2. I needed 1.78 volts if I remember right on fsbt for a 45nm dual core for 645 fsb

All in time, been out all day but have most of what I need to convert this board. It's just not set up yet. Tomorrow I'll see if it works or not..

ahhh over thinking it - i would slow down and throw your e8400 in and kill it before you flash it but back to your ? if I remember solor has nothing to do with overclocking any bios will fill your needs

edit- hope you now what i mean when i say kill it 6.0ghz or bust:D

Last edited:
Back