• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80cfm, 30dBA 120mm? A load of sh*t or real?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
http://www.nexfan.com/43/457.htm?272

Have you guys seen these fans? Any idea if they are real or just a scam like to "42cfm" slot coolers? I've seen them advertised around the 78-84CFM range in several online stores, but that seems pretty high for a 30dBA fan, even a 120mm. Anyone have any insight on this before I spend close to 25$ (fan+what Im guessing shipping will be) on one?

it could very well be real but it looks too good to be true. the panaflow is 70cfm 30dba so it may well be true. but then you gotta take into account how they measure dba etc

big fans put out alot of air at low noise levels. That does sound a little bit to good to be true, but its not far off the mark.

That fan and those specs caught my attention earlier today; can't remember what site it was. However, I wrote it off thinking there's no way those specs could be right. I wouldn't mind having another 120mm fan that pushed more air per dB(A) than my Panaflo, but I just couldn't believe the specs were accurate.

I posted a thread earlier about this when I found them, they also have 92mm, 80mm, and 60mm versions and are made by Evercool Technology. I found a review of them, can't find a link, by a guy who had purchased one of them. Apparently they are REALLY good fans, the only downside to them is that they are quite a bit heavier than normal plastic fans, so it makes it hard to mount on some radiators unless they are really bolted in, aside from that, they should make great case fans....
-Dae-

I'm using a 120mm fan from plycon.com along with a modded fan adapter to cool my [email protected]. It is rated on the website at 84CFM/32DBA/2200RPM and looks EXACTLY like the one in the link. Chromed plastic blades,aluminum frame, and pretty much identical specs. The brand name on it is "Titan",[email protected]. Don't have any way of knowing the CFM, but it is almost silent and keeps my CPU cool very well. Go to http://www.plycon.com/chrome120.htm and compare the two...Mark

I have one of those, an Evercool "AL12025B." The solid aluminum frame does indeed make it much heavier than normal fans, but I think that makes it neat. I made all of my friends heft it, because I'm getting to be a bit of a show-off about my hardware. I can't wait to shine LEDs on its metallic goodness. =)

Anyway, it is indeed a quiet fan. I considered pulling my 120mm Vantec Stealth out of the machine and having a 120mm Quiet Fan Deathmatch, but it's not like I own a sound or airflow meter. =) It seems to push much more air than the Stealth (which it should, according to the specs).

As to whether it can be better than a Panaflow, why not? The solid aluminum frame could conceivably reduce noise. Also, I see no reason to assume that Panasonic has built the best possible airflow/noise combination.

alum.jpg

VERY satisfied with mine(80mm). It's quieter than my other fans and has more output.

Here's where I got mine at:
http://www.case-mod.com/store/default.php?cPath=28_29

My 120mm came from Directron, if anyone was curious.

Nice placement of your 80mm unit. I'm considering that particular fan location, but first on my list is mounting three 40mm exhaust fans in my top drive bay.

I plan to use the 120mm Evercool as an intake blowhole, and duct it to my two CPUs. Eventually. At the moment I have the side of the case off, with a 92mm NMB thermally-controlled fan hanging from a twist-tie and a rubber band... That's sort of like an intake blowhole, and I didn't even have to cut a hole in the case. Yes, I'm sad.

As long as I admitted the ghetto nature of my air intake, I suppose I could also reveal that I have a 40mm exhaust fan masking-taped onto the I/O shield, flowing air through the knock-outs for the joystick and sound ports. That sounds silly, but was intended to cool VRM2 on my Tiger MP motherboard-- didn't seem to make a big difference, though. I don't use it much, because the little bugger sounds annoying, and I haven't bothered to 7 volt it yet.

Yeah Nice Jlin... I did the same thing across 3 bay covers with a 120 for a raid setup I had. Was gonna make more, but then I abandoned the raid (Got too lazy).

Well It's good to know it's heavy as sh*t. I was gonna buy a slk800, 120 to 80mm aluminum adapter, and that fan. It would be the best quiet air cooling solution ever I'd bet... but then again from what Im hearing it might make my motherboard break its spine. I can hear the ziff socket screaming in agony already.

haha, yeah....as if the slk-800 isnt heavy enough already, having a heavy fan hanging nice and far away from the board due to the adapter. All I can say is, I hear sockets love torque ;).

ive got it - i posted a while back about it. i was the first here with it i believe hehe

anyway mine is off the 120mm "titan" variety i can tell you its quiet and does indeed push out a lot of cfm.

its not that heavy (though it is a sizable beast).

the only real problem is the chrome-effect plastic blades. be carfull with those, because that chrome effect chips off quite easily

nexfan is cool. i have bought a few things there at nice prices. im sure the specs are in "optimal conditions" (pointing straight down in 0-gravity and etc..). in other words, its pumped up a bit but so are all the other ones. sounds like a winner to me.

~z

amazing how some noname cooler can have a much better ratio then panaflo, delta, sunon, ys tech, and papst. go figure

i think its all to do with the single bearing.
i believe its supposed to be quieter, but not last quite as long. only like 20,000 hours instead of 30,000 or whatever (like that really matters)

Back