• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

840T ??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keny

Does anybody have any experience with this particular CPU? I'm thinking of getting one but u don't know how they perform as they are non BE and are rare as rocking horse poop, I have AMD boards that are capable of high ref clock but if the CPU is limited or handicapped in some way then I'm not going to waste my time with it, this will be for benching only so unlocking to 5 would be good but I have subs in on hwbot with a 960t so it would have to beat that to be worthwhile as a x5, any views/input appreciated :thup:

840T is the 960T's little brother. Locked multi, lesser clockspeed and turbo, same Zosma package and TDP. Only reason it's so rare is it was OEM only. Never retail released. Honestly, I probably wouldn't bother unless you want to grab a few HW points.

Yeah I know there thuban, I just wondered if anyone had used one before, I have used my limited google skills but can only find one site with results on overclocking these and then its in Japanese/Chinese, or whatever language it is in the writing looks like hyroglyphics to me, and there's no results on hwbot with one!

840T is the 960T's little brother. Locked multi, lesser clockspeed and turbo, same Zosma package and TDP. Only reason it's so rare is it was OEM only. Never retail released. Honestly, I probably wouldn't bother unless you want to grab a few HW points.

The main reason for looking at these was the x5 on the bot... I have been actively hunting for another 960T for a while now and they are seemingly just as rare (unless you want to pay £150 for one) but there seems to be more points on offer in the x5 cats lately, what with cine and the rest of the new benches that are not point earners "yet" it could be an investment, or maybe not if they clock like crap and can't cope with high fsb :shrug:

Back