• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8500 1u cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

advanR

Where is the article that was up about cutting the cooljag hsf to fit the 8500? Why was it taken down?

I just ordered the cooljag 313c and thought i might as well research.

hahahahahahhahaaaa
how can you? they dont have any personality and they dont give a **** about you.

Last edited:
You seem to be experiencing a need to use profanity as well as a dirth of knowledge about cats. Maybe someone else will feel like telling you where to find the post you lost.

s h i t isnt a swear word in my book. and if your not going to be helpful pls dont post.

I have that exact cooler, it is pretty simple to adapt it to the 8500. It has this black outter caseing that holds the fan, instead of screws. DONT damage this. remove it. You will find the cooler to be almost a perfect fit except for one capacitor. At that corner, cut the heatsink and round it till it fits around the capacitor. Then replace the black fan retainer thing(very technical vocab lol) and you will find everything fits perfect and it provides a very clean professional look. That corner may take alot of filing/sanding/cutting, but the end result is worth it so be careful and patient.

Back