• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KHA+ Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SmileyDemon

Registered
I'm just wondering how many of you users with an Epox 8KHA+ board have been getting as far as fsb speeds. I'm getting a fsb speed of 140 before i get lockups when starting windows. I have the default hsf for the chipset and just a heat spreader for my mem. :rolleyes:

So yeah, i am wondering if i should buy additional cooling for mem and chipset or if these are normal. I was thinking about getting the crystal orb chipset cooler.

Your Ram, what brand is it? Crusial, kingston or something else?
And how much have you upped the voltage of the DIMM and Core?

Normally if you unlocked your xp, you lower the multi and upp the fsb, then you will get as far as your ram will let you.

If you haven't unlocked it, you should be able to push it farther, but it also depends on the BIOS settings you use for your ram.

My ram is Crucial DDR333 so i should be able to at least reach a fsb speed of 166, but i can't. I have my ram settings set on turbo in the bios.

The vcore is set at 1.85v and vdimm is at 3.2v. I'm thinking that with my setup i should be getting at least a fsb speed of 150. Doesn't this sound right?

I have your answer sir!!! I went through the same thing last week to the point I bought new Ram!!! Check your 5v rail and see how low it is.Mine was reading 4.72 and that is really low,now it never drops below 5.08. My machine wouldn't go past 135 stable. I bought an Antec 400 pus and it goes 150 without even a hiccup. Remember to but your memory volts up to 2.7 it helps:D

Yup, I put a 400 watt antec in mine too and it helped. they can be adjusted with pots as well if you open it up.

hmm, i checked my 5v line and it was reading 4.89v. So i guess that is too low? Right now i am running with a 350w power supply. So should i get a 400w or try to adjust the ps i have?

No i wouldn't get another PSU that voltage is pretty good. Do you have an Antec PSU? I also heard they have adjustable dash pots inside them. Maybe you can turn it up. BTW did you up your memory voltage? It really helps. My jumpers are on the mobo you can find them in the book. I went to 2.7 and it rocks. My buddy runs 2.8v but I'm not that daring.

I've been running my ram voltage at 2.8v for the last few days and i still haven't been able to reach a decent front side bus (i'm still stuck at 140) I know i can get more out of this board. Any other suggestions from anyone else?

btw, my psu doesn't have any pots :mad: so i guess that is out of the question. Oh and i don't know if i posted it already, but my temps are as follows:
CPU: 39c, load 45c
Mobo: 30c, load 35c

Keep the ideas flowing. L8z

Back