• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

980ti classified custom BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lots of Maxwell are hitting a "wall" until they're taken cold, some loosen up on water.

With the radiators you listed you could run your whole system on water.
I would just get some of the iPPC PWM fans, you won't need push/pull.

0k awesome. Ill look into going water again. Take the parts i do have out off storage.

Highest PT % I saw was around 119% but then the card would be also hitting 72C at this point. (at +1.3v mind you). Boost would come back down to 1200ish mhz at this point as well.

Is there nothing I can do to reduce/remove the throttle?

You need to check GPUz sensors tab. Have it open the next time you try your benchmark. The PerfCap Reason line will tell you what your card is doing. If you're hitting the power limit perf cap, the line will show green (PWR). You can get around it by adding to the power limit that's set in the bios. The power limit perf cap will look like this:

8x4sZTX.jpg

Last edited:
You need to check GPUz sensors tab. Have it open the next time you try your benchmark. The PerfCap Reason line will tell you what your card is doing. If you're hitting the power limit perf cap, the line will show green (PWR). You can get around it by adding to the power limit that's set in the bios. The power limit perf cap will look like this:

8x4sZTX.jpg

Can you host the picture directly on the forum please? Thanks :)

Click the attach image button and attach the file.

The reason why it's better is that some 3rd party image hosting drops dead after it isn't clicked on so we could lose the picture. :)

Back