• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A better radiator then a heater core!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xhwfed

Registered
I found some thing that work's better then a heater core......
& that thing is a car Air Conditioner core, it's bigger but it cools water heaps better then a normal heater core...
JUST what ever youu do is make sure there is NO air con gas left in the pipes there's a $10.000 FINE !!!! for letting this gas into the air so use the valve to check it or find one that has no gas in it....
other then that they are the next best thing to a fridge unit!!!

feel free to ask questions....

xhwfed said:
I found some thing that work's better then a heater core......
& that thing is a car Air Conditioner core, it's bigger but it cools water heaps better then a normal heater core...
JUST what ever youu do is make sure there is NO air con gas left in the pipes there's a $10.000 FINE !!!! for letting this gas into the air so use the valve to check it or find one that has no gas in it....
other then that they are the next best thing to a fridge unit!!!

feel free to ask questions....

Wow, a $10.00 fine for releasing a car's worth of chloroflourocarbons into the atmostphere! That's alot! :D

Are you sure what you're referring to isn't the heater core?

ill add a pic later - a proper photo image

Über~PhLuBB im absolutely positive its an air conditioner core because i ripped the heater core out , BUT to rip that out i had to also rip out the air con core, so i was rather happy when i ripped it out but, it unfortunately larger then the regular heater core BUT the good thing is that it has about 35 copper tubes from one end to the other the more tubes the colder it gets! :D I tested it out with this config \/and with very good results

A rough pic of the test config

| = Fan
{}=air con core

|{}{}{}{}| <
|{}{}{}{}|
|{}{}{}{}|
|{}{}{}{}

if any 1 gets a chance try the air con core in your water cooler setup in the same way i have!

now i have done som realy rough drawing usein MS Paint these do resemble what they are seposed to look like but here goes here is my picture of a Heater COre

Did a surch on ebay motors under the parts section for "Evaporator". Came up with some pretty interesting stuff.

here

Here is an example:

Here is another one...

Only problem I see is the size of the pipe coming out... It looks pretty small...

I tried a search on condensor also...

They don't look quite as appealing.. mostly bigger than what you would pull off the back of your mini-fridge..

The piping is small because it was meant to flow refrigerant gas only not liquid. I guess you have to test it out against a heater core to compare.

not $10.00. $10,000. Not TEN dollars....TEN THOUSAND dollars. He lives in Australia....where they use periods instead of commas. let's not mock someone and be wrong about things. Who knows...i could be wrong. but most likely since australia is like europe...then it should be as i said.

on another note...how the heck would they know if you've released it or not?

Re: Re: A better radiator then a heater core!!!

Über~PhLuBB said:

Wow, a $10.00 fine for releasing a car's worth of chloroflourocarbons into the atmostphere! That's alot! :D

Are you sure what you're referring to isn't the heater core?

Note that the poster is not from the US and had three zeros after the period. Most of the rest of the world uses periods to separate thousands, millions, etc and uses the comma to indicate decimals. So that would be a $10,000 fine.

JoeCrappa said:
not $10.00. $10,000. Not TEN dollars....TEN THOUSAND dollars. He lives in Australia....where they use periods instead of commas. let's not mock someone and be wrong about things. Who knows...i could be wrong. but most likely since australia is like europe...then it should be as i said.

on another note...how the heck would they know if you've released it or not?

nilhili said:
Note that the poster is not from the US and had three zeros after the period. Most of the rest of the world uses periods to separate thousands, millions, etc and uses the comma to indicate decimals. So that would be a $10,000 fine.

That I did not know. I've actually never heard or seen that before, I've been to Canada, Mexico, Bengladesh, Japan, and Thailand (They all have big exchange rates, except Canada) and I've only seen commas separating three digits.

I knew it was 10,000, but I thought the period was a typo, not a cultural difference. I thought it'd have been funny, I apologize, it was supposed to be a joke.

Last edited:
evaporators do cool good but all of them are way too restrictive. the only way to get around this is to have a resivor and one pump for evap and another for the waterblock.

xhwfed said:

That would be a $10,000 fine per core, right?? So like if you empty 3 cores into the air, you'd get slapped with a $30,000 fine? Now that is a lot!!! :eek:

SORRY everyone i ment to put in a cooma uu just forgor i guess yes the fine is 10,000

Here is my rough pic of a heater core

And here is my version of what the air con core looks like there is about 35 piceces of copper pipe going from one end to the other Just Remeber the airconditioner & heater cores are under the dash board next to the firewall
any ways here is my pic of a air con core, one exception there is about 35 pipes up and down to each end!

Xhwfed should be able to confirm this for us, but I believe our Aussie friends DO use commas to separate large numbers. I'm pretty sure some of my friends I've chatted with online from there do. In fact, MOST places I've seen use commas, not periods.

Edit: Guess I should have read all the way through the messages before replying. :-/

yea your right we DO use the comma, all it was i pressed the wrong key......... There right next to each other!!!

so no we don't use PERIODS we USE COMMAs :D

xhwfed said:
yea your right we DO use the comma, all it was i pressed the wrong key......... There right next to each other!!!

so no we don't use PERIODS we USE COMMAs :D

Ok in that case, I'm not sorry then. :D

Can you whip out your ruler and take some measurments of the pipes inside and outside diameter in mm AND inches? I'm not sure if the pipes here in the US would be the same as our Metric brethren, but it would be useful info to have nontheless.

Back