• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A bored Tom does some testing.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomsawyer

Ok pictures are coming on both my toy and some testing equipment I built. Since my system is still waiting on the replacement chip. Check out my horror story in general about water wetter but this post deals with heat. I have a heater element that allows me to generate from 10F to 300F, sorta like a hot plate. I wanted to see how efficent my cooling block/system was so i put the lapped danger dan block on the heater and fired up my water system. By cranking up the heat and carefully monitoring the temps I found that my water cooling system can shed nearly 100F of heat before the tank starts heating. Anyone else ever test their cooling blocks? Just curious to see how my toy rates.........

What pump are you using for your water cooling system? Do you use the submersible or inline pump?

Using a rio 800 submerged pump. I suppose the externals dump less heat but i prefer a quiet tank.

Back