• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little heads up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ss69nova

well i hate to say this but i have to shut down here in another month. i am leaving the country for a few months and i can't find anyone to keep them going. Taking them with me is not a option. I haven't given up hope yet but the list is getting shorter of poeple to ask. Hope fully i can finish the race before i shut down.

I'm going to be shifting gears myself after december 17th (thats my official planned retirement date).
I'm going to make a movie thats called the headhunter saga 3 revenge of JC.

I'm beginning to debate what software I'm gonna use. Oh and um sorry guys my 1800 has not been crunching for a week.:(

While you are gone you can always set your puters to auto reboot on power loss if your bios supports this and monitor them using VNC if you will have internet connection. You can also set up reboot schedules for daily reboots.

I know its kind of a PITA to worry about computers while gone. Seems like the only time the power goes out is when I'm away for work for a week.

vnc i will have to look into it. Does anyone have any experance with it? what about radmin?

well, the 3 problems I have had with PC running outside of my direct control were:
a/ forgetting to start seti before leaving home (you know, just rebooting fresh before you close the door to be extra safe and you don't log into the machine, stupid, isn't it ...)
b/ heat => computer just stops
c/ network problem ADSL connection being reset by ISP, IP address not reconfigured by router => no connection

Only solution: extra large fan on open case when I travel away
and large setidriver cache , enoiugh to process the amount of day I am away.

well if everything goes right i should eb away for about 4 months. I found a job in the islands!! It isn't my first time down there. Up here i am on 24/7 but down there last time i was only able to connect to interent for45 min usally after 12 and then only at 24.SLOW!

Well, I would be happy to keep your crunchers going but you would have to drive them down to Westchester County!! I could be persuaded to meet youhalf way for say a couple of weeks crunching???:D Let me know!

Yeah i was thinking that when i sent you a pm asking where you are at. than i looked at the map and saw 340 miles!!!

Well, I am going up to Utica this weekend;) In all seriousness, let me know, I am willing to help out. At that point who knows what will be going with Seti too?? Phase 1 over and Phase 2 started??

Back