• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A very important win for Megahalems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like the way Megatron looks and it is a overclocking beast with perfect fit mounting brackets for two fans. Two fans at 2000rpm and 74cfm keeps my cpu at 38c while gaming! ya gotta love it!! IMG_0452.jpg IMG_0443.jpg

Frostytech used a 80cfm fan when testing the Prolimatech Megahalems ,Not my best choice for a fan on such a excellent CPU cooler as the Prolimatech Megahalems and the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme CPU Cooler comes with its own fan and if you do your research on the fan you will see this: MFDB fan Specifications:Bearing Type: Magnetic Fluid Dynamic Bearing
Rated Voltage: 12V DC
Rated Current: 0.26A (Max)
Air Flow: 90.65 CFM (Max)
Noise: 16-20 +/- 10%dBA
Speed: 1000-2000 RPM
Life: 50,000 hours

90 CFM gave the Tuniq a .9c lead over the Prolimatech Megahalems with their 80 CFM fan. I personally do not think that was a "fair" comparison between these two coolers.

Different rated CFM, to compare fairly they really should've used the same CFM fans.
FT of all tech review sites should've got that one right, coolers are their focus after all!

Back