• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7v8x Or A7n8x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avalanche

which one should i get? i like both, but id like to get some opinions, and why i should choose it. thnx

Think the A7N8X has the pci lock unlike the Epox board, which will make overclocking much easier (though it's still in dispute whether the board has it)

those black things look like it could block my waterblock in my swiftech quiet power =/

The capacitors? Yes that is a problem with the board. How big is your water block? I'm not sure how much space is actully available around the socket, but they said an AX-7 heatsink can't fit it in, if that's comparable.

I initially thought they did without the holes but looking at the manual confirmed that they kept the 4 holes. So as long as your water block isn't biger than those dimensions it should be ok.

does kt400 support 333 FSB, and does the nforce 2 unlock all the multies for u like a kt400 does?

If you mean 333fsb as in 2x166MHz, then yes the KT400 supports it. And the nForce 2 should unlock the multi's on the recent chips as well.

Back